Brand USA Seeks a travel marketing agency in Germany, Austria and Switzerland. The selected Representation Firm is asked to identify a Strategic Director, and potential other staffers, within their agency who will be considered Brand USA’s in-market expert, with the purpose of helping to build and maintain top-of-mind awareness of the USA as a premier travel destination in order to increase international visitation, spend, and market share for the United States. The Strategic Director will ensure all in-market activity represents Brand USA in ways that support the organization’s strategies and mission, while protecting and preserving our integrity and brand.The Strategic Director will be required to develop a strategic travel trade plan.
To increase visitation and spend in the United States, an integral part of Brand USA’s strategy is to ensure the USA is prominently positioned within key travel trade distribution networks in market. Brand USA works with the travel trade industry to develop and execute new and innovative programs across all regions of the USA and, in addition, develop and incorporate a rigorous product-training program to educate all levels of industry to inspire and motivate the travel trade to sell destinations of all shapes and sizes, as well as iconic and unexpected experiences, to their customers.
Scope of Work:
The selected Representation Firm will:
- Identify an individual who will serve as a Strategic Director for Brand USA.
- The Strategic Director will develop and implement an annual strategic travel trade plan aimed at increasing visitation and visitor spend to the USA
- The Strategic Director will provide strategic oversight, planning, and execution of all trade activities in market as proposed in approved annual marketing plan
- This will include but not be limited to the following as directed by Brand USA’s global development team:
- Provide annual brochure analysis
- Develop and maintain list of both top-producing tour and niche/specialist operators
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and regular contact through direct outreach to: tour operators, wholesalers, consolidators, travel agents, mice/corporate/incentive buyers, airlines, and other distribution intermediaries or related travel partners
- Develop and implement trade programs to increase and enhance the profile of the USA and assist the travel trade in developing new and innovative programs and products consistent with consumer marketing campaigns and messaging, to increase brand and destination awareness and visitation to the USA
- Work to keep destination product offerings current; and develop new travel itineraries and product ideas available for sale
- Identify, develop and implement tactical trade marketing programs with key distribution partners promoting the USA
- Represent Brand USA at key travel industry events including exhibiting at trade shows and other events
- Develop, promote, and execute at least one Brand USA sales mission in market. Execution includes planning and appointment setting with key marketing partners in market
- Assist in the development, management, and possible presentation of cooperative training programs with the travel trade, as well as workshops, road shows, and other creative and innovative programs
- Develop and execute a travel trade familiarization program with the goal of highlighting every region of the country. Create itineraries in conjunction with Brand USA staff. Requirement: minimum of one Product Managers familiarization trips per year (not including Mega Fams)
- Ensure Brand USA is well represented in travel trade programs, brochures, and other industry communications
- Develop niche marketing opportunities and alternative distribution channels for a range of Brand USA niche and specialist travel experiences
- Distribute promotional brochures and literature, and other marketing assets as needed and directed.
- Represent Brand USA at Visit USA Association meetings and coordinate all relevant joint marketing activity
- Log all activity in Brand USA’s enterprise management system, powered by Salesforce, on a consistent basis and in compliance with prescribed procedures and local privacy laws
- Work with Brand USA partners/vendors as needed and directed by Brand USA staff
- Assist Miles Media with the review of the Brand USA Inspiration Guide, Multi-Channel co-ops, and other initiatives as directed by Brand USA
- Assist other 3rd party contractors as directed by Brand USA
- Travel Trade Website
- As directed by the Brand USA consumer marketing team, contribute and update localized representative information and/or other content requests on in-market localized assets
Account Administration & Overhead
- Provide detailed back-up and appropriate receipts for all monthly expenses related to billable services and out-of-pocket purchases. This documentation shall be submitted monthly along with monthly invoice and report, and will be subject to audit at Brand USA’s discretion
- Store and maintain an adequate inventory of Brand USA collateral and promotional items, the selection of which meet all requirements as established by Brand USA
- Maintain a dedicated business phone/fax/e-mail address for trade inquiries about the United States and be able to disseminate appropriate information expediently
- Maintain an in-country presence in Italy for information and assistance to travel trade clients, a dedicated phone/fax/email address for local inquiries.
September 20, 2017
Top Public Relations News:
COVID Communications Campaign Issued By State of Utah
San Francisco Transportation Agency Seeks PR Firm
United Nations Entity Issues Event Management RFP
The City of Lauderhill Issues Advertising RFP
5 Tips for Making the Most of Evernote
Orchard Owners Turning to Robot Labor?
UNC Facing NCAA Probe
Chris Hardwick Denies Allegations
UNDP Issues Event Management RFP
North Dakota Seeks Marketing Firm