The California Housing Finance Agency (“CalHFA”) was established in 1975. CalHFA provides financing and lending assistance in two major areas of the housing market: Single Family mortgage lending where CalHFA focuses on assisting low and moderate income first-time homebuyers with financing their home (including first mortgages and down payment assistance) and Multifamily financing for the development of affordable housing developments for renovation/preservation and new construction.
The organization has issued an RFP for a Public Relations firm, as well as marketing and advertising agencies.
CalHFA’s marketing/advertising budget (currently less than $500,000.00 per fiscal year) focuses on Single Family Mortgage Lending and Multifamily Affordable Housing partners. CalHFA’s target business audience consists of loan officers, mortgage brokers, lenders, real estate agents and affordable housing developers. CalHFA’s current social media accounts are primarily followed by lender/realtor partners. (http://twitter.com/CalHFA, https://www.facebook.com/CalHFA)
CalHFA’s website, CalHFA.ca.gov, receives approximately 400,000 page views each month. Prior to housing market crash in 2007, CalHFA had nearly 1 million views each month during the peak house buying season (spring/summer).
- a) Build and strengthen CalHFA’s public image.
- b) Creatively use digital and traditional marketing methods to increase product sales, brand awareness and traffic to website and social media profiles.
- c) Implement and manage digital and traditional media buys.
- d) Assist with ad campaign concept development and production.
- e) Produce campaign analysis, reporting and recommendations.
- f) Market research, focus groups and analysis.
Public Relations Services
- a) Build and strengthen CalHFA’s public image, business partnerships and media re
- b) Writing digital content, speeches, and talking points; assistance with writing and distributing press releases and announce
- c) Product promotion through interviews and earned media.
- d) Provide media training to CalHFA staff when necessary.
- e) Research and report on news/media about the Agency/brand.
- f) Research and report on affordable housing industry news/me
- g) Provide strategic advice and crisis management messaging; brand protecti
- h) Assistance with large event manage
Proposals are due by February 22nd to Kathy Phillips, at KPhillips@CalHFA.ca.gov.
Top Public Relations News:
Bees Seeking Public Relations Partner
LEWIS PR Boosts Client Roster with Powerwave Technologies
Salt Lake County Issues Marketing RFP
Wells Fargo Fires Employees Over Expense Reports
Great Marketing & Publicity Books
Perkett Public Relations: Living In the Digital Communications Trenches
Samsung Producing TV to Offer Glasses-Free 3D
White House Responds to SOPA Petitions
Chocolate wars Create Rage on two Continents
“We Try Harder”