City of Arroyo Grande Issues Social Media RFP
The City is seeking professional full-service integrated marketing, digital marketing, communications, and online media, website, and website maintenance services for www.visitarroyogrande.org and is requesting proposals from qualified firms.
In 2011, the City of Arroyo Grande formed a Tourism Business Improvement District (TBID). The TBID Board of Directors operates as a destination marketing organization under the name of Visit Arroyo Grande. Spearheaded by Arroyo Grande lodging businesses, Visit Arroyo Grande is comprised of ten (10) hotels and twenty-eight (28) vacation rental/home stays. It is governed by a Board of Directors representing the diverse make-up of the Arroyo Grande hospitality industry. The purpose of the TBID is to promote scenic, recreational, cultural and other attractions in the district (the City of Arroyo Grande) as a tourist destination for the benefit of lodging operators.
Scope of Work:
Develop and implement a variety of promotional, publicity and advertising programs, and informational materials consistent with specifications provided.
Develop a comprehensive strategic marketing and advertising plan that addresses the following:
- Propose new, or expand current marketing programs to promote the District (City of Arroyo Grande) and submit time lines for development/implementation. Campaign may include but not be limited to, digital, print, video, radio, outdoor, online media, and direct marketing;
- Identify strategies that increase overnight stays, especially during off-peak seasons;
- Propose creative tactics such as advertising campaigns and events and packages; and
- Develop and propose a system of measurable results and outcomes.
- Complete reports to coincide with monthly meetings of the committee – show metrics and report implications and suggested adjustments and report monthly to lodging operators, TBID and Arroyo Grande City Council;
Online Strategy continued:
- Explain what tools your agency has available for online media monitoring, reporting and analysis, and Brand/reputation monitoring; and
- Generate all images/creative assets to be paired with posts. Photographs and branding guidelines will be provided by Visit Arroyo Grande from internal marketing database.
Firms should also provide the following information:
- Examples of copy created for online platforms;
- Examples of graphic content to be paired with editorial copy;
- Sample of monitoring report format;
- Best practices report, example of online data analysis and action items; and
- A description of how agency stays at the forefront of technology and emerging media.
The firm will take responsibility for all aspects of the Visit Arroyo Grande website, content management system (CMS) and related hosting. The scope of services should include, but is not limited to, all software, hardware, administrator and end user training, hosting, SEO programming and other services required to implement and support the website and should:
- Be consistent with current and future Americans with Disabilities Act accessibility guidelines and any other applicable state and federal accessibility requirements;
- Be capable of capturing email addresses; and
- Include a blog
AGGB Chamber of Commerce,
800A W. Branch St.
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420