The purpose of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to solicit proposals to establish a lump sum contract through competitive negotiation with a qualified consulting firm with solid experience in marketing research (both quantitative and qualitative), message/positioning development, and corporate identity/branding including development of a brand values statement; logo development and graphic standards; recommendations for brand rollout and implementation to include interactive and social medial marketing as well as traditional marketing, media and promotions; and recommendations for results tracking/measurement. The City of Cleveland Heights is seeking the development of a comprehensive brand marketing campaign to drive business attraction and retention, energize current residents and position as a desirable place for relocation, and enhance general perception.
Cleveland Heights, Ohio is a diverse, progressive, vital suburb of Cleveland just up the hill from University Circle, with its museums, colleges and world-renowned medical facilities – Cleveland Clinic and University Hospitals – and is a convenient commute to downtown. Well known for its rich variety of homes, Cleveland Heights has everything from front-porch Colonials and Arts and Crafts bungalows to stately Tudors, historic mansions and innovative new condos. You’ll find tree-lined streets, great parks and recreational facilities, authentic “main-street” shopping, award-winning restaurants, entertainment, theaters and more! There are many excellent educational opportunities here, including the Cleveland Heights-University Heights Schools and private and parochial schools that serve our community. The Cleveland Heights-University Heights Library is second to none!
Scope of Work:
Project Management – The consultant will lead all aspects of the City of Cleveland
Heights community marketing and branding initiative, including the following:
- Advisory to the Steering Committee (to be determined) – This team will be composed of representatives from the City and community leaders. Meetings throughout the process will be required.
- Lead for various focus groups comprised of residents and business owners to determine existing attitudes, perceptions, opportunities and challenges to enhancing the City’s image.
- Facilitator during the research process and/or testing of the new brand – Include descriptions of community engagement efforts that will take place during this process. The City has a very involved and engaged community. The consultant will be expected to employ creative means of public involvement to ensure that multiple segments of the community are aware of and involved in the project.
- Research – Research will be the basis for the development of a brand concept, creative elements, messaging/positioning and the overall brand initiative. The consultant will create and implement a brand research plan, which will include qualitative and quantitative research with key publics to identify the following:
- List of key stakeholders, groups, or influential individuals, as well as a cross section of citizens and business owners in the City of Heights and those outside of the city that have a vested interest in the branding initiative and need to be involved in the process.
- The key elements of the City of Cleveland Heights.
- Analysis of current efforts and existing creative elements such as logos, tag lines, and creative designs.
- Analysis of competitor marketing strategies.
- Measures that will be used to determine if the branding effort is successful.
- Strategic Plan – The consultant will develop strategic objectives that will include implementation, management and ongoing promotion of the brand to include the following:
- Promotion of the use of the brand among many City of Cleveland Heights and community agencies, groups and businesses while maintaining brand integrity.
- Maintenance and consistency of brand image and messaging while providing suitable flexibility for the target audiences of the participating agencies.
- Recommendation of ways to articulate the brand; define markets and promotional avenues; and advise on strategies to better promote and create brand awareness.
- Creative/Development of Brand – The consultant will develop creative elements that include design concepts, logos, messages, mission statement, tagline, and other products to support the overall brand initiative. A minimum of three distinct creative options must be presented, based on the results of the research. The selected logo design (including the possibility of current logo) will be delivered with a style manual and guidelines for use and the capability of use in the following
- Print and electronic advertising
- Website design
- Media placement
- Public Relations
- Implementation Plan – The consultant will develop an action plan for implementation of the brand in sufficient detail to allow Steering Committee to understand the approach and work plan. An Action Plan should include the following:
- Estimated costs/budget associated with the implementation process.
- Proposed timelines for development of creative elements.
- Recommended positioning logo and brand guidelines.
- Implementation plans for brand identity applications and brand identity maintenance plan.
- Evaluation Plan – The consultant will develop a plan for ongoing evaluation of the brand’s effectiveness and reporting of results of the strategy to the Steering Committee, key stakeholders and the public.
Director of Communications and Public Engagement
City of Cleveland Heights
40 Severance Circle
Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118
Fahlgren Mortine has a strong Ohio presence.