The City of Danbury Issues Digital Marketing RFP
It is the intent of the City of Danbury (“City”) by issuing this Request for Proposals (RFP) to secure a partnership with a digital marketing firm.
With the RFP, the City seeks to identify and select a digital marketing agency that will advertise the city sponsored events and programmatic compass. Examples of these events include but not limited to; “ Clean City Danbury,” a day in which nearly a thousand volunteers clean the streets and the City of Danbury partners with a local trash hauling company to provide five dump site locations throughout the City for residents to dispose of old waste that may be laying around their house. Another event in which the digital marketing agency’s services is necessary is the “Downtown Chow-down.” The Chow-Down is a food truck event that features live music and lawn games during lunch hours on Thursday during the summer months at Kennedy Park.
The purpose the hired digital marketing firm will serve will be to target residents in Danbury and the greater Danbury area (depending on the event) through geo- location targeting technology on several social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, Sound cloud, and Pandora radio. The firm will also be responsible for advising the City of Danbury on the most efficient and effective digital advertising strategies, whether it may be social media, radio, or targeted online messaging. Our goal is to increase awareness of City of Danbury sponsored events and happenings in the most cost efficient and effective way possible.
Scope of Work:
1) Develop a strategic marketing plan to inform Danbury residents of city sponsored events (i.e. Clean City Danbury, Downtown Chow-Down, Restaurant Week, etc.) and other information.
- Marketing strategies must include social media advertising across various platforms, music streaming services such as Pandora Radio and Soundcloud, and website advertising for each individual event.
2) Allocate a portion on the budget to each event based need and scale
3) Have a portion of the budget remain unallocated in order to allow for new events or another information to be promoted on an as needed basis.
4) Provide per ad rates for every platform that is used.
5) The city prefers the vendor to have a marketing team that can assist in the development of graphics as well as scripts for auditory ads.
155 Deer Hill Avenue
Danbury, CT 06810
Digital PR firms include Finn Partners and Ruder-Finn.