The City of Dania Beach seeks to build brand awareness by utilizing various public relations strategies and activities. The desired public relations firm is needed to perform a range of duties that will familiarize residents, tourists, and the regional and national community with the distinctive qualities of the City and the opportunities that come with residing, visiting and investing in the City.
The City of Dania Beach was established and incorporated in 1904 as the “City of Dania”. On November 3, 1998, the residents, by referendum, voted to change the City’s name to the “City of Dania Beach” and the City Commission adopted Ordinance 13-98 to officially adopt the new name. Residents and visitors of Dania Beach enjoy the City’s access to the beach and its convenient location within South Florida.
Covering over eight square miles, the City of Dania Beach is home to over 31,000 year-round residents and a seasonal home away from home for many Northern retirees. More young families, professionals and businesses are attracted and relocating to the City due to, among other reasons, its convenient location and lifestyle opportunities. With close proximity to major commercial centers, Port Everglades and the Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, Dania Beach is a unique destination.
Dania Beach has evolved through the years to become a more vibrant and inclusive community with many new developments. Therefore, the City Commission recognized the need to update the City’s logo and brand to reflect the changing needs and desires of the community and to retain and attract tourists, businesses and developers.
The marketing and rebranding effort began in 2017. The City Commission utilized the volunteer services of a local media company known as the Redline Media Group to evaluate the City’s brand including the City logo and image and to make recommendations for updates. Redline Media Group conducted several focus groups of community stakeholders to discuss the image and logo and new branding and logo concepts.
Focus group participants expressed ideas regarding the direction of the City. Feedback from the focus group meetings was largely positive. Many participants pointed to a City rich in history, traditions, creativity, and opportunities for businesses and development. A consistent theme was that Dania Beach should work toward enhancing its image as a tourist destination that is familyoriented, culturally diverse, and modern.
At the November 14, 2017 City Commission meeting, Redline Media Group presented the City with new logo and slogan designs which reflected the comments and concerns raised by the focus group participants. The City Commission, by consensus, then selected and approved a new logo and slogan during the meeting. At the January 9, 2018 Dania Beach Community Redevelopment Agency (“CRA”) Board meeting, the CRA Board directed staff to assume responsibility for the rebranding initiative for the City.
On February 26, 2018, the CRA Board conducted a workshop to discuss the rebranding concepts, implementation plan, and budget which included review of the new logo and tagline, proposed seal, marketing collateral, brand statement, and brand standards. The City Commission discussed and agreed to facilitate the process. At the February 27, 2018 City Commission meeting, the City Commission adopted Resolution No. 2018-031, approving a new logo, seal, tagline, brand statement, brand standards and rebranding plan.
Scope of Work:
The City of Dania Beach is seeking a qualified public relations firm to manage the public relations efforts of the Dania Beach Rebranding Initiative. This includes promoting Dania Beach events, positive stories, and keeping the media up-to-date on the City’s overall progress. Prime media outlets will be invited to attend the unveiling of a new monument sign in Dania Beach. Eye-catching media kits will need to be produced for the press with the new logo and tagline, as well as brief snapshots highlighting City Departments, City Commissioners, unique venues, and community partnerships. Strategic events and activities will be used to effectively engage Dania Beach stakeholders including residents, workers, business and property owners.
These events are to be coordinated to create buzz around the new Dania Beach brand. The public relations firm’s work scope may include the following tasks and services (the “Services”):
- Develop public relations campaign with timeline and deliverables with input from CRA/City staff
- Development and execution of media relations strategies
- Development and execution of media strategies that market the City of Dania Beach as a destination
- Media relations for City community events, projects and stakeholders
- Monitor and manage all media inquiries
- Compilation and maintenance of PR materials and clippings
- Coordinate media strategies with City/CRA Staff
- Writing of press releases and dissemination leading to press coverage
- Writing of articles, advertorials and op-ed pieces and dissemination leading to press coverage
- Organize media and familiarization tours
- Maintain calendar listings in key media
- Generate opportunities for City of Dania Beach Commission and CRA Board and respective staff speaking engagements
- Development and implementation of social media strategy
- Development and execution of communication strategy for Spanish-language media
- Development and execution of media strategy to communicate City initiatives and to market Dania Beach as a destination
- Attendance at City Commission, CRA Board and staff meetings as necessary
- Brand and media training for City staff
City Clerk’s Office
City of Dania Beach
100 West Dania Beach Boulevard
Dania Beach, Florida 33004
Zimmerman PR is a Florida based PR agency.