The City of Austin Seeks Creative RFP
The City of Austin (“City”), seeks proposals in response to this Request for Proposals (RFP) in order to provide graphic design and creative services to the City of Austin. These services shall be provided on an as-needed basis for a broad range of communication program needs. The contract will be utilized by the City’s Office of Sustainability.
The Office of Sustainability advances local sustainability and climate action by providing leadership and coordination for initiatives across the City organization and the Austin community. More specifically, the Office:
- Briefs and advises Department Directors, the City Manager, Boards & Commissions, and the Mayor and City Council regarding sustainability aspects of City policies, programs, and initiatives.
- Oversees and coordinates activities with City departments that accomplish operational objectives sustainably.
- Manages the Climate Protection Program and related actions to support greenhouse gas emissions mitigation and climate resilience.
- Offers educational outreach on sustainability initiatives to engage the community in making sustainability a priority in the choices made every day.
- Promotes partnerships and works with community members, organizations, and other government agencies to establish sustainability programs and practices.
Scope of Work:
The selected Contractor shall have the experience and capabilities to provide all of the following services and deliverables. The use of environmentally-friendly materials and approaches are preferred.
- Graphic design, including high-quality artwork, layout, and illustration capabilities
- Public relations and earned media consulting
- Marketing consulting for collateral and campaign approaches, including community-focused strategies and incorporation of features that provide metrics of effectiveness
- Design, layout, and production of marketing collateral to include both general templates and specific custom pieces. These may include but are not limited to: PowerPoint slide decks, online and print brochures, flyers, reports, direct mail pieces, and invitations.
- Large-format posters, exhibition/tradeshow graphics, and signage/banners suitable for display at specific public outreach and educational events
- Promotional items and branded merchandise
- Advertising, design of print and digital ads, and consultation on media buys
- Electronic marketing communications including web-based and e-newsletters
- Other related services, as required
The selected Contractor shall provide estimates and invoices for individual projects as requested by Office of Sustainability. Anticipated projects include the following:
- Layout and design of supporting graphics for annual report documents
- Design of infographics to simplify and communicate complex information in a variety of settings
- Design of videos and animations to convey program progress, stories, and achievements, or to educate the general public about sustainability topics
- Conduct market research and/or facilitate focus group discussions to inform key communications messaging
- Conduct public outreach and community engagement to inform specific initiatives related to food access and climate resilience
- Design for various Office of Sustainability marketing brochures and program collateral
- Design for various outreach events signage and promotional items
- Public relations strategies and event planning
- Ad and messaging development for various public awareness/engagement campaigns
- Design for various web graphics and promos
The Office of Sustainability reserves the right to determine whether to execute individual projects with the selected contractor, in-house City resources or to seek additional outside bids.
124 W 8th STREET, RM 308
AUSTIN, TEXAS 78701
Top Public Relations News:
Brand Love as Important as Market Share for Coca-Cola
Coca Cola’s New Social Media Model
Rogers & Cowan Fails At High-Level Communications
Port of Oakland Issues Advertising and Media Planning RFP
City of Spokane Seeks PR Firm For Crime Public Awareness Campaign
Liberty Energy Corp. Hires Resultz Media Group as Investment Relations Partner
TP Manufacturers Respond to Consumer Complaints
Walmart Diverts Possible PR Nightmare
News From Huntsworth – Hudson Sandler, Hill+Knowlton, Freud’s, and DeVries Global
Connecticut Lottery Issues Advertising and Marketing RFP