The City of Rock Island Seeks Communications/Marketing Services
The City of Rock Island is accepting proposals for a firm to develop and execute a strategic public relations/marketing program for the City.
Scope of Work:
- Increase awareness and understanding of the City’s strategies, accomplishments, and challenges.
- Stimulate interest in new businesses and home ownership (portray Rock Island as a great place to live, work, and play).
- Build relationships and awareness necessary to position the City as open, transparent, and willing to listen.
- Develop and implement communications systems and protocol to nurture and maintain citizen engagement.
- Develop appropriate marketing materials to improve the city’s communications with current residents and business owners.
To accomplish these goals the successful candidate will:
- Coordinate efforts with other key stakeholders in the community including Economic Growth Corporation, Rock Island School District 41, neighborhood groups, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Attend semi-monthly Department Director meetings and work with Directors to identify opportunities for positive promotion and news coverage.
- Attend semi-monthly Council meetings as needed.
- Attend evening community and stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Meet regularly with the Mayor and City Manager to discuss strategies.
- Assist City Departments with news releases, press conferences, and media conversations.
- Oversee the City’s website and social media (Facebook, Twiter, YouTube, Nextdoor, etc.) to communicate messages focused on the City’s priorities and address citizen concerns.
- Identify and recommend ways to more effectively communicate between citizens and the City staff.
April 21st, 2018.
1528 3rd Ave
Rock Island, IL 61201
Edelman PR and Zeno Group have strong offices in Illinois.