The City of Rock Island Seeks Communications/Marketing Services
The City of Rock Island is accepting proposals for a firm to develop and execute a strategic public relations/marketing program for the City.
Scope of Work:
- Increase awareness and understanding of the City’s strategies, accomplishments, and challenges.
- Stimulate interest in new businesses and home ownership (portray Rock Island as a great place to live, work, and play).
- Build relationships and awareness necessary to position the City as open, transparent, and willing to listen.
- Develop and implement communications systems and protocol to nurture and maintain citizen engagement.
- Develop appropriate marketing materials to improve the city’s communications with current residents and business owners.
To accomplish these goals the successful candidate will:
- Coordinate efforts with other key stakeholders in the community including Economic Growth Corporation, Rock Island School District 41, neighborhood groups, non-profit organizations, etc.
- Attend semi-monthly Department Director meetings and work with Directors to identify opportunities for positive promotion and news coverage.
- Attend semi-monthly Council meetings as needed.
- Attend evening community and stakeholder meetings as needed.
- Meet regularly with the Mayor and City Manager to discuss strategies.
- Assist City Departments with news releases, press conferences, and media conversations.
- Oversee the City’s website and social media (Facebook, Twiter, YouTube, Nextdoor, etc.) to communicate messages focused on the City’s priorities and address citizen concerns.
- Identify and recommend ways to more effectively communicate between citizens and the City staff.
April 21st, 2018.
1528 3rd Ave
Rock Island, IL 61201