The intent of the Request for Proposal (RFP) is to hire a firm to provide Creative Marketing and Design Services for the Economic Development Department, Tourism Division and other various City departments. Work shall include the design/development of video communications, presentations, photography, branding, online design, electronic marketing, brochures, printed literature and ads, as well as providing public relations services, for the Economic Development, Tourism Division, and other various City departments for the purpose of enhancing and promoting the City’s image. This is not a large scale marketing contract.
The City of Suffolk’s Department of Economic Development facilitates the attraction of new business investment, which generates tax revenue and provides employment for residents. Target industries include: Advanced Manufacturing, Modeling & Simulation Technologies, Medical, Warehousing & Distribution, Retail, Hospitality and Food & Beverage Processing. The department also facilitates an aggressive business retention and expansion program to assist existing businesses in the City. The Economic Development Department also oversees both the Division of Tourism and the Suffolk Executive Airport.
Scope of Work:
Offeror shall provide creative marketing and communications services for the Department of Economic Development and the Division of Tourism. Firm shall have experience working with economic development/tourism entities or local governments. Elements of the proposed scope of services shall include:
- Offeror shall conduct thorough research and planning prior to the development of any marketing strategy or theme. Offeror shall then recommend specific marketing plans and communications.
- Offeror shall perform photography shoots locally as needed.
- Offeror shall provide tools for measuring the effectiveness and return on investment for all products and services.
- Offeror shall redesign and offer enhancements to online resources as needed.
- Offeror shall design and manage the development of print media including but not limited to: annual reports, community profiles, site brochures, maps, flyers, advertisements and signage.
- Offeror shall coordinate targeted media planning and buying.
- Offeror shall provide creative assistance for City events and trade shows, as requested by the Economic Development Department and all other City departments. (ex. Quickscreens)
- Offeror shall provide cost-effective solutions for quality products while working within budget parameters.
- Offeror shall perform general administrative and account management services.
- Offeror shall use social media as a medium, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Offeror shall adhere to all deadlines relating to copy, ad upload, printing, and orders, including 3rd party orders, from design, to production, to delivery.
- Offeror shall have ad hoc meetings.
Any theme, logo or creative product developed specifically for the City of Suffolk shall become the property of the City. Consultant shall provide digital artwork of logo, theme or creative product to be used at the City’s discretion.
442 W. Washington Street, Room 1086
Suffolk, VA 23434
Top Public Relations News:
ADVERTISING RFP ISSUED IN VIRGINIA
M-Commerce Out Pacing Traditional E-Commerce [infographic]
GM Faces Safety Probe for Brake Problems
News from Mercury PR, PRWeek, David&Goliath, and Molson Coors Brewing
Motorola and Verizon Tag-Team the iPad
MiraCosta College, Career Education Branding & Marketing Campaign
Amazon’s Top 3 Marketing Lessons
United Nations Entity Issues Event Management RFP
Verizon cutting jobs as market sours
Public Relations Salary Ranges