Purpose / Background:
The purpose of this RFP is to solicit proposals from experienced firms specializing in media planning, ad concepting, ad production, placement (insertion orders and monthly distribution of ads to media outlets), monitoring and evaluating paid media with an emphasis on creative, strategic approaches to garner positive public perception and increase program usage. Two divisions (Transportation & Field Operations – Solid Waste) within the Tempe Public Works Department will be part of this RFP. Each division has different target markets, budgets and program goals. For the Transportation Division, the goal is to attract new transit riders, maintain current transit riders, increase ridership and participation in the transportation program and enhance the perception of transportation in the community.
For the Field Operations – Solid Waste Division, the goals are to expand our customer base in commercial and roll-off services available to customers/residents throughout the City of Tempe and to educate the public on Council adopted diversion goals, familiarize the public with our range of solid waste and diversion products and how to properly recycle materials utilizing the different programs offered by the City. In addition, the city operates a golf enterprise fund with two municipal golf courses, Ken McDonald and Rolling Hills. The goal would be to ensure we are both capturing our market share of play and growing our youth and non-traditional play demographic.
Scope of Work:
Transportation Target Markets
The target market consists of three target audiences within the Tempe community:
- Adults 25 and older
- Teens ages 13 to 18
- ASU students ages 18 to 24
Field Operations – Solid Waste Target Markets
The target market consists of four target audiences within the Tempe community:
- Commercial businesses
- Apartments – five units and above (MFLU)
- Residential – four units or less
- Golf – Residents and golfers who reside within a five-mile radius of Tempe, youth and female golfers.
Key Messages to Promote
- Riding the bus, bike or taking light rail
- Transit Service Changes
- Youth Transit Pass Program
- Dump the Pump Day/Car Free Day
- Bike Month
- Bike Hero Program
- GRID Bike Share
- Bike Registry
- Adopt-A Street or Path
- Street Closure Notifications
- Save Money and Recycle Tempe (SMART) program
- Golf Tempe
- Bulk trash separation
- Diversion goal(s)
- Alley responsibility
- Roll-off services
- Commercial services
Proposals should include a detailed budget with proposed Agency costs included as a monthly retainer. For Transportation, a maximum total of $323,500 will be spent annually on both the agency retainer AND total net media placement fees as determined in the media plan. The retainer should include those items listed below. For Field Operations – Solid Waste, a maximum of $50,000 will be spent annually on both the agency retainer AND media placement.
Please provide separate costs for the following for each division:
- media planning
- ad concepting
- ad production (excluding video)
- media buy monitoring and evaluating Agency will:
- negotiate media placement directly with vendors and sign contracts on behalf of the City,
- work directly with the media vendors on creative delivery, and
- send the City a monthly invoice for its retainer and media placement fees with back up documentation from the paid media vendors.
Agency will be responsible for the following aspects of media buying:
- Development of media plan with number of impressions and reach
- Agency will provide a media analysis on monthly basis.
- Agency will include measurement of the effectiveness of the paid media.
- Agency representatives will attend two Tempe Board & Commission meetings annually.
April 2nd, 2018
P.O. Box 5002,
Tempe, AZ 85280
MDC Owned Allison+Partners has an Arizona office.
Top Public Relations News:
Marketing RFP Issued By Alabama Virtual Library
University of Maryland Marketing RFP
Netanyahu’s Former Chief Of Staff, Ari Harow Joins New Israeli PR Agency
Politics In Israel Hinders Brand Israel PR
Daily Kibble Hires Whitegate PR for the Holiday Season
Texas A&M University Issues Media RFP
Social Media and Printing Industry – Can There Be a Benefit?
Conan O’Brien and His Monkey in Mission to Conquer Twitter
When Employees Use Social Media, Protect Your Brand
Redmond, Washington Issues Marketing RFP