Clackamas County Issues Marketing RFP
The purpose of this RFQ is to acquire the services of a qualified creative agency to support marketing and communication initiatives through Professional Marketing Services for North Clackamas Parks and Recreation District (“NCPRD”). NCPRD invites submissions from creative agencies with experience in marketing strategy, design and content development services. The work to be performed will support NCPRD’s marketing and brand awareness efforts, as well as drive activity around specific recreational programs and services. The contract period will be for 3 years, from approximately March 15, 2018, through March 18, 2021. The expected budget is not-to-exceed $135,000.00 for the life of the contract.
NCPRD is dedicated to providing exceptional parks and recreation programs, facilities and services. Our mission is: “To enrich community and vitality and promote healthy living through parks and recreation.” Voters approved the formation of the District in 1990 because they saw increased need for parks and recreation services in the north end of the County. The District – which serves more than 100,000 residents in a 36 square-mile area – includes the City of Milwaukie and a large area of unincorporated Clackamas County. NCPRD owns and/or maintains 39 parks, 25 natural areas, 13 miles of trails, and a wide range of recreational programs and services. Facilities operated by NCPRD include the North Clackamas Aquatic Park, Milwaukie Center and Hood View Sports Complex. As a county service district, the Board of County Commissioners serves as the District’s Board of Directors.
Working in collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Manager at NCPRD, the marketing contractor will work towards and measure efforts against the following goals:
- Improve public understanding of NCPRD as a unified district, including all facilities, parks and divisions by ensuring brand consistency across marketing communications and materials.
- Increase awareness with new and existing stakeholders to bolster engagement and drive participation of recreation programs and services.
Scope of Work:
NCPRD shall retain complete copyright, patent, trademark and ownership of any and all materials produced by the agency. The scope of work includes delivery of all digital and native files.
NCPRD anticipates this work will include:
- Annual Report: Design, layout and copywriting for the NCPRD 2017-18 Annual Report. The report will be printed in small quantities and published as an online PDF, approximately 20-30 pages with photos, graphs, and charts. NCPRD will provide all performance data and statistics.
- Brochures: Develop four (4) brochures to promote NCPRD programs and services under a consistent visual branded identity, including:
- Six-panel tri-fold brochures for event rentals and the nutrition and transportation programs
- Twelve-panel tri-fold plus half-fold brochure to provide overview of NCPRD programs and services.
- NCPRD will be responsible for printing publications after receipt of creative files.
- Vehicle Wraps: Create a consistent brand identity across NCPRD transportation fleet. Agency is to provide print-ready graphic design and/or illustrated works for three (3) vehicle wraps:
- RecMobile Van: RecMobile is used to provide mobile recreation programs and activities for children at events and various parks throughout the district, especially during summer months. Agency to provide custom design or illustration for a full vehicle wrap.
- NCPRD Staff Van: Staff vans serve as the primary means of staff transportation for general programming and events. Agency to provide NCPRD logo placement and design for partial wrap.
- Transportation Bus: Milwaukie Center transportation program buses provide shuttle services for district residents, including older adults and people with disabilities. Agency to provide design for partial wrap, NCPRD branding and strategic placement for sponsorship opportunities.
- Campaign Creative: Development and implementation of campaign advertising creative including print, digital banners, radio, social media and video pre-roll.
- Website Copy: Copywriting for refresh of NCPRD website, scheduled for fall 2018. Agency to develop content for approximately 25-30 webpages of varying complexities and lengths, including District information, facility and division overviews and park descriptions.
- Design and Content Development: Ongoing graphic design and content development for print collateral and promotional materials as needed, including brochures, coloring books, direct mailers, bill inserts, flyers, yard signs, etc.
PR firms with government experience include APCO Worldwide.