The College at Brockport, State University of New York Issues Media Planning RFP
The College at Brockport seeks to enter into a contract for traditional and digital media planning and buying services to be utilized by various departments with The College at Brockport. The vendor will create recruitment and image advertising campaigns through calculated and aggressive media buying utilizing college supplied advertisements to result in a positive, widely recognized brand identity, while raising awareness, recognition and interest in the academic programs offered at The College at Brockport.
- Provide media plans for the College based on marketing goals and objectives set forth by the College, including all applicable audience research and analysis.
- Negotiate and execute media buys on behalf of the College.
- Monitor media placements, ensuring that they run smoothly; negotiate make goods for any missed spots/placements.
- Provide post-buy analysis for media buys as well as digital campaign performance reports on a regular basis.
- Produce expenditure reports as requested.
- Provide one primary vendor contact for all College –related transactions.
- Hold an office in Western New York.
- Pay all media invoices on behalf of The College Brockport.
- Provide Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Provide video production services
- Employ at least one staff member that is Google AdWords certified.
- Serve as an outlet for potential vendors to send advertising information.
Founded in 1835, The College at Brockport is a public, comprehensive four-year college, located in Brockport, NY. Brockport offers 50 undergraduate majors, 50 plus master’s degree programs, teacher certification, and advanced certificates. In addition, The College at Brockport has 7,100 undergraduate students, with many alumni staying in Rochester to work or attend graduate school. Our alumni serve in leadership roles in business, government, public safety, health care, the arts, sciences and education.
Scope of Work:
- Vendor to provide broadcast (TV and radio), outdoor, print and digital media research, planning and placement as needed by The College at Brockport.
o Vendor is to employ the use of appropriate media buying software for the buys (examples including Strata, Mediaocean Prisma etc.).
o Vendor is to subscribe to the appropriate quantitative market ratings data (Arbitron, Nielsen, etc.) for media buys.
o Vendor is to subscribe to the appropriate qualitative research data for media research requests.
o Vendor is to provide appropriate media buy reports.
- Vendor to provide comprehensive media campaign (s) for undergraduate recruitment, graduate recruitment, image and awareness, special academic sessions, alumni relations and development and other assignments as needed.
- Vendor to demonstrate experience with all specified markets that include (but not limited to): Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Albany, Binghamton, New York City and Long Island.
- The vendor will be responsible for writing services as requested by The College at Brockport (e.g. writing targeted ads for Google, etc.)
- Vendor is responsible for providing reports and meeting with the proper personnel on The College at Brockport campus to discuss items of business as requested.
- Vendor is to include a sample of a post-buy analysis for media buys and reporting structure.
April 19, 2018
The College at Brockport
Attn: Wendy Vergamini, Assistant Director of Procurement and Payment Services
RFP for Media Buy Services #171220
Allen Building 5th Floor
350 New Campus Drive
Brockport NY 14420-2927
Strong NY centric PR agencies include Rubenstein PR and 5WPR.