The Commonwealth of Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, on behalf of the Joint Board representing the Louisville-Southern Indiana Ohio River Bridges (LSIORB) Project, desires to enter into a Contract with a Contractor to provide public relations services, and some, more limited, marketing and communications services related to the RiverLink toll collection system.
The Transportation Cabinet, on behalf of the Joint Board for the LSIORB Project, is responsible for procuring services for public relations and some, more limited, marketing services for the LSIORB Tolling Project. The Kentucky Transportation Cabinet is requesting public relations and marketing services on behalf of the Joint Board, which was created pursuant to a Bi-State Development Agreement and an Interlocal Agreement signed by KYTC, KPTIA, INDOT, and IFA. The Joint Board was created to facilitate and assign responsibility amongst the States’ Parties for the design, construction, financing, operation, and maintenance of the LSIORB Project. The LSIORB Project is a construction, modernization, and rehabilitation effort, which addresses cross-river transportation needs in the greater Louisville-Southern Indiana region by providing two new bridges across the Ohio River, and reconstructing the existing John F. Kennedy Memorial Bridge.
Scope of Work:
- The Contractor shall develop and implement a communications plan for the toll project designed to educate the public, including passenger vehicle drivers, commercial vehicle drivers, business owners, and other groups, on how the toll system works and where toll services and products can be obtained. This communication plan shall include maintaining and managing the toll system’s social media presence.
- The Contractor shall develop and implement a communication and education plan, which may include limited advertising, to increase 1) transponder saturation rates, 2) increase registered account auto-replenishment options, 3) identify specialty customer groups to register with RiverLink (e.g. Commercial and Fleet customers), 4) encourage customers to use self-service account and payment options for customers 5) educate customers on collections efforts for non-payments and 6) achieve other goals to help the toll system function more efficiently. This communication plan shall include all appropriate customer contact channels required to effectively communicate the State Parties goals with potential and existing customers and may include social media messaging.
- The Contractor shall develop and implement an earned media campaign. The Contractor shall assist with identifying noteworthy toll collection system accomplishments and draft appropriate press releases for Joint Board approval. This support shall include coordinating the messaging for the LSIORB Tolling Project, preparing the States’ Parties and the Joint Board for interaction with the press, coordinating press releases and press conferences, coordinating other events, and other services as requested. The Contractor shall provide a spokesperson for the toll system who shall act as the point of contact for the media and who shall organize and participate in media availabilities as necessary.
- The Contractor shall propose public events in which the toll system provider can participate to assist with accomplishing toll system goals. If approved, the Contractor shall plan and organize the toll system provider’s participation in these events.
- The Contractor shall provide website development services in conjunction with the toll system provider. This work shall include design, content management and providing any framework, infrastructure, and other IT services necessary to support a responsive website and mobile application for the LSIORB Tolling Project.
- The Contractor shall provide mobile application development services in conjunction with the toll system provider. This work shall include design, content management and providing any framework, infrastructure, and other IT services necessary to support a mobile application for the LSIORB Tolling Project.
- The Contractor shall design and create printed items, videos, and other various creative materials as necessary to fulfill the Joint Board’s goals. The Contractor shall also assist with the design and printing of packaging, brochures, flyers, and posters as requested.
- The Contractor shall establish the means to measure the success of any communications, public relations, and marketing communications.
- The Contractor shall provide advice to the Joint Board as to what methods will be most effective in meeting the Joint Board’s goals.
- If directed by the Joint Board, the Contractor shall implement a customer satisfaction measurement program. As part of this program, the Contractor shall conduct a baseline measurement to compare against future studies. The program shall include a schedule for ongoing surveys. The program shall measure customer satisfaction in each of the following categories: 1) those that qualify for any frequent user program that may be offered, 2) those that have an
- ETC account but don’t qualify for any frequent user program, 3) those that have prepaid video accounts, 4) those that post pay their tolls, and 5) other categories as specified by the Joint Board. The Contractor shall work with the State Parties to identify customer success metrics to be used to sustain and improve customer service and operations efficiency for the RiverLink operations.
- If directed by the Joint Board, the Contractor shall serve as media buyer for the LSIORB Tolling Project. Media types may include but are not limited to billboards, print media, electronic media, radio, and television (including cable). All media buys will be reimbursed as a pass through cost.
- If directed by the Joint Board, the Contractor shall assist the Joint Board in developing sponsorships. The Contractor shall only make contact with potential sponsors if requested to do so by the Joint Board.
- If directed by the Joint Board, the Contractor shall provide other public relations and marketing services as requested by the Joint Board.
- If directed by the Joint Board, the Contractor shall conduct primary and secondary market research including demographic analysis, focus groups, interviews, and surveys. The geographical areas to be encompassed by the primary and secondary markets shall be set by the Joint Board. The selected Contractor shall leverage existing materials previously developed for the LSIORB Project but also develop new materials.
Finance, Office of Procurement Services
702 Capitol Avenue, Room 095
Frankfort, KY 40601
Top Public Relations News:
Richmond Behavioral Health Authority Issues RFP For Media Relations
Tracx Social Leads Shows the True Sales ROI of Social Conversations
How Effective Is Cold Calling Really?
What are The Types of Digital Marketing?
Guardian Jobs Reminds You to Monitor Your Social Sharing
United Nations Office for Project Services Seeks Communications Agency
State of Utah Issues Communications RFP
Mediabistro Webcast: Pitching Your Client to Morning TV Shows
Town of Bristol Issues Branding and Marketing RFP
A Social Media Press Release: What It Is and How to Write One