Dallas Issues RFP For Marketing & Branding Company
The Dallas Police Department is seeking proposals for the development of a “quick wins” professional marketing and advertising campaign to attract candidates for the position of police officer and secondly a long-term strategy to assist the department’s hiring goals. Proposers should develop a submission that provides the most complete response to the scope of services.
5WPR and DKC PR have worked previously for law enforcement agencies.
Scope of Work:
Part 1 (Consult/Recommendations):
The selected Firm/Agency should:
- Have knowledge of developing content for a targeted marketing and branding campaign.
- Have the capacity to identify gaps in the existing strategy and assist the Dallas Police Department with new and measurable alternative strategies to achieve the hiring goals.
- Have the knowledge of how and where to most effectively allocate dollars per media content area.
- Have the knowledge to help the Dallas Police Department develop capacity to track metrics associated with the media content area(s) targeted.
Part 2 (Develop/Create Media Content):
The selected Firm/Agency will create/develop the following media content (Each proposal is to contain up to three different options which build on the previous option):
Media Content #1 – Base proposal
Develop a print and electronic marketing campaign that includes the following:
- Create a slogan or catch phrase that represents the core values of policing specifically for the Dallas Police Department. The slogan should also include a graphical design that would uniquely identify it as representing the Dallas Police Department.
- Design 5 campaign posters that are suitable for print or electronic posting and showcase the various positions available in the department. Posters should include contact information for police recruiting.
- Take photos to be used in the campaign. The Department will make officers and equipment available for the photo shoot at a mutually agreed upon time.
- Reach the demographics of 21 to 28 of age, females, Hispanics and other minorities.
Media Content #2 – Web based video
In addition to the requirements of Option 1, the following items should be included:
- Development of a video suitable for multiple social media platforms such as, but not limited to, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Customized landing page with video.
- Ability to launch 15 and 30 second videos
- Geo-Targeting, IP Address Deployment
- Lifestyle Targeted advertisements
Media Content #3 – Broadcast quality commercial Video/Radio
In addition to the requirement of Option 1 and 2, the following items should be included:
- Development of a 15 and 30 second commercial of broadcast quality.
- Print to Motion TV Commercial
April 6th, 2018.
City of Dallas
Business Development and Procurement Services
Attention: Deborah Brennan
1500 Marilla St., Room 3FN
Dallas, TX 75201