EAST BAY MUNICIPAL UTILITY DISTRICT ISSUES MEDIA MONITORING RFP
East Bay Municipal Utility District is seeking proposals for media monitoring and sharing services to include print, broadcast, radio, online and social media. The purpose of the service is to track and measure EBMUD’s earned and owned media efforts.
EBMUD provides high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million East Bay customers. EBMUD provides high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million East Bay customers. The East Bay Municipal Utility District has a proud history of providing high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million customers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The District’s award-winning wastewater treatment protects San Francisco Bay and serves 680,000 customers. EBMUD is a public utility formed in 1923 under California’s Municipal Utility District Act. To learn more about the detailed history of EBMUD, you can purchase a copy of Its Name was M.U.D. – A Story of Water.
Scope of Work:
• Track media mentions in real-time on all platforms and types of media (print, broadcast, radio, online, social media including mentions, retweets and shares.) Tracking should include editable keyword list to ensure high-quality reporting of EBMUD coverage, as well as foreign language coverage in particular in Chinese and Spanish.
• Email capability: Easily select and share mentions via a customizable newsletter template based on time frame, keyword/topic.
• Download, edit and archive video clips, news articles, social media content, and social media mentions.
• Provide for the creation and streamlined use of an EBMUD branded press release and media advisory templates to be uploaded from Microsoft Word and distributed to selected members of the media.
• The press release distribution system must have a scheduler. Ability to convert press releases to PDF. Access to extensive local and national media database that allows users to create and edit multiple contact lists, input individual contacts including EBMUD’s media contact list, and view information for media contacts including outlet, contact information, and areas of reporting.
• Provide analytics reports on monitored topics and campaigns. Reports can include a graphic representation of data (bar charts, pie charts). Provide summaries and ability to archive EBMUD media mentions and campaigns over periods of time from 1 day, 7 days, weeks, months as well as analytics over time (years) on specific issues – such as rates, drought and water quality – to allow comparison of the effect of varying level of effort, approach, and results in quantity and tone of coverage.
• Technical and customer support is provided online and via phone, chat or email and is available quickly and during off-hours 24/7. Online training is provided to develop staff use of the platform over time.
August 15, 2019
Andrea Pook, Senior Public Information Representative
Phone Number: (510) 287-0145
E-mail Address: Andrea.Pook@ebmud.com