The District is requesting proposals from qualified professional firm(s) experienced in Website Design.
The El Dorado Hills Community Services District (District) was formed on May 21, 1962 by County Board of Supervisors Resolution No. 98-62 and under Government Code §61600 as an independent special district. The CSD serves a large, densely developed suburban population located east of the Sacramento County Line and mostly north of Highway 50. Major access roads/inhabited corridors include Highway 50, El Dorado Hills Boulevard, Silva Valley Parkway, Green Valley Road, Francisco Drive, Salmon Falls Road, Bass Lake Road and Latrobe Road. The EDHCSD boundary encompasses approximately 28 square miles (14,400 acres) and the District serves the most populated community in the county. The District owns and manages over 294 acres of land including 191 acres of parks and 127 acres of open space. Fifteen of our parks remain undeveloped, while work on new parks continues. We have a full time staff of 27 park and recreation professionals and support staff, in addition to over 150-part time and seasonal employees.
Scope of Work:
The District is looking for a consultant to re-design the District’s website. The website is used by the District to communicate a wide variety of information to members of the El Dorado Hills Community. Currently the content management system (CMS) Joomla! 2.5 is utilized but the District is open to moving away from Joomla! and using any CMS platform which the consultant feels is best for the District. The consultant shall be able to professionally design, develop, document, test and deploy the new website using the technology of their choice.The District has placed a high priority on the user experience. It is of the utmost importance that the consultant uses intuitive driven design to help individuals navigate the webpages to easily obtain the information they seek. The website shall also be responsive to all user devices including mobile devices and all other operating platforms. The list below contains all of the information currently included on the District’s website. This list is provided as reference only, and the consultant is encouraged reorganize and re-design the website in a way that communicates all information in a clear and appealing manner which is reflective of current design trends and technical functional abilities.
Information or links included on current website:
About the CSD:
- Current happenings at the CSD
- History and information about the District
- District office hours and locations
- District employment opportunities, volunteer opportunities and current staff member information
- District’s Recreation Guide, which changes every season
- District’s Master Plan, financial reports, policies and annual report
- Request for Proposals released by the District
- Flash Vote system used by District to send out surveys to the community
- Other government services and community resources
- Links to social media including Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Online registration and payment for classes and programs available.
- Recreational classes available for multiple programs, including: aquatics, adult and youth sports programs, adult fitness programs, preschool programs, senior programs, youth programs, kydzone after school programs and teen programs.
- A.R.E Program information
- Teaching requirements for classes
- Board of Directors biographies and contact information
- Mission, Vision and District Policy Information
- Current and archived agenda packets and minutes
- Current and archived El Dorado Hills Promise Foundation Board agenda packets and minutes
- Board of Directors meeting dates
- Special events
- Design Review Committee meeting dates
- Parks and Planning meeting dates
- CC&R meeting dates
El Dorado Hills Community Services District
Attention: Kelley Austin, Purchasing Specialist
“Website Design” Proposal
1021 Harvard Way
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762
Top Public Relations News:
Beckerman PR Expands Into Washington, But Not Digitally
Survey: TV advertising, a steady sales driver in Germany
Communications RFP Issued By City of Fullerton
Wyoming Community College Issues Digital RFP
Henry Swieca to Thomas Edison: The Path to Success Differs
More Auto Recalls, Now BMW. Toyota’s Illness Catches
Everything PR Q&A With CEO of Red Lorry, Yellow Lorry
Durham Department of Police Seeks Digital Ad Agency
Virginia Tech Issues Branding RFP
Warschawski PR to Communicate Louder Than Words