Federal Government Seeking Communications Consultant For Corporation for Public Broadcasting
Federal Government Seeking communications Consultant For Corporation for Public Broadcasting
The Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB) is funded by the American Federal Government to promote public broadcasting – and they are seeking a consultant to facilitate a meeting of local/regional editorial leaders to further build a network of public media journalism. The primary role for said individual is to run a meeting with up to 50 leaders of broadcasting programs which is scheduled for October 29-30, 2015.
The objectives for convening the Editorial Leadership Meeting are to:
- Advance local/regional/national content sharing and co-production for higher impact;
- Encourage sharing of best practices and lessons learned from journalism collaborations;
- Accelerate the evolution of public media stations into multi-media news production operations; and
- Foster discussion around public media’s editorial standards, ethics, and practices.
The chosen agency or consultant will:
- Develop, in cooperation with CPB, the agenda for the Editorial Leadership Meeting and any necessary supporting materials;
- Aassist CPB in planning discussions and meetings;
- Provide advice and suggestions for preparatory materials for the Editorial Leadership;
- Identify speakers and/or moderators for the Editorial Leadership Meeting;
- Produce follow-up materials to provide to attendees after the Editorial Leadership
Interested parties are encouraged to contact Erin Day, Director of Journalism at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time, August 14, 2015.