The Franklin County School District in Florida – which has over 1,100 students plans to redesign its current website to best serve students, staff, parents, and community members who need resources to support learning and information to help them access and navigate the district/school system. The redesign must simplify the content management system and streamline business operations while meeting high standards for design quality and visual appeal.
The district’s URL is currently www.franklincountyschools.org. Many features of the site are not compatible with current multi-media technology (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter).
The Franklin County School District is seeking a company to provide the following services:
- Redesign the district’s current website with a staff-only area to improve usability and appeal.
- Implement a Web Content Management System to serve as the backend of the District’s Website. The system must be easy to use and assign authorization for certain webpages, as many staff members will be in charge of content for their school/department.
- Host the district’s website.
- Provide ongoing technical support and maintenance.
- Provide Superintendent and Board member Bio page
- In-house ability to edit calendar/event page
Consulting services may also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Develop a vision for the site. Develop a new district brand.
- Develop three mock-up designs; district to select design taken to full development with input from users.
- Assist the district in migrating the existing website to the proposed system. Provide training, including written manuals, for content editors.
The proposed system should be capable of providing, at minimum, the following:
- Management of the backend is offered via a Windows- compatible web interface. The backend logon and the employee-area logon uses active-directory authentication.
- Large amounts of web traffic can be handled without degradation of content delivery. Mobile browsing is accommodated through either a mobile-compatible site or application.
- Navigation and content solutions for non-English speaking users.
Additional features are offered in the future to meet the needs and expectations of our customers.
Questions regarding RFP may be directed in writing to Mr. Richie Herrington, Coordinator of Instructional Technology via email email@example.com or via fax (820) 670-8579. Proposals are due by October 30th, and a firm will be chosen by December 15th.
Top Public Relations News:
Lippert/Heilshorn & Associates Profile: A Subpar Agency
Russian VTB Group Taps Lobbying Firm In Washington, D.C.
City of Santa Fe Issues Visual Art and Museum Marketing RFP
Lion & Lamb Communications
PR Is The Path To More Recruits For The Indiana Army National Guard
Getting a Job in Public Relations
JeffreyGroup: PR Company Profile
How to Make Your Website Reinforce Branding
Media Monitoring RFP Issued By Cape Breton University
Bill Nye the Accountant Guy