Florida Tourism Industry Issues Advertising RFP
VISIT FLORIDA – The Florida Tourism Industry Marketing Association – has issued an advertising & branding RFP. VISIT FLORIDA is the State of Florida’s official tourism marketing corporation and serves as the official source for travel planning to visitors across the globe. VISIT FLORIDA is not a government vendor, but rather a not-for-profit corporation created as a public/private partnership by the Florida Legislature in 1996.
The FY 2016-2017 advertising campaign is centered around an advertising strategy that focuses on the following:
- Core Segments: Families with children; Couples focused on romance; winter “sun seekers”, Explorers & Adventurers, and those looking for Weekend Getaways. Also of interest are drive vacation prospects; young professional singles and the mature (55+) audience. Emphasis is on higher earning households ($75K+) across all segments.
- Growth Markets: Affluent/upscale travelers; Hispanic and African American audiences
- Special Interests: Cultural/heritage travelers; Honeymooners; Golf/boating/fishing/water sports enthusiasts; eco/nature travelers; and Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender travelers;
- Geographic Focus: Our overall emphasis is on the Domestic US, especially east of the Mississippi, along with consumers within driving range to Florida. Leading drive market states include: Alabama, Georgia, Louisiana, New York, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas. Designated marketing areas of interest include: Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Chicago, Charlotte, Dallas, Detroit, New York City, Philadelphia, Raleigh, Washington, D.C. and Canada.
- Visitor Interests: VISIT FLORIDA emphasizes the following activities and themes:
- Theme/Amusement/Water Parks
There are many firms in Florida, including Zimmerman PR.