Florida A&M University Board of Trustees (FAMU) Issues Medical Marijuana Branding RFP
Florida A&M University (FAMU) is executing a Florida legislative education initiative designed to inform minority communities about the medical use of marijuana and the impact of the illegal use of marijuana on minority communities. FAMU is seeking proposals from a consultant to partner with FAMU to help create a branding campaign that will be utilized on multiple media platforms.
Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University is a public, fully accredited member of the State University System of Florida. FAMU is a doctoral/research institution and is the premier school among historically black colleges and universities. We are fully accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
FAMU offers 54 bachelor’s degrees and 29 master’s degrees. The University also offers a juris doctorate at its College of Law in Orlando. FAMU offers the following doctoral programs: chemical engineering; civil engineering; electrical engineering; mechanical engineering; industrial engineering; biomedical engineering; physics; pharmaceutical sciences; educational leadership; and environmental sciences.
The University also has several satellite campuses including the College of Law in Orlando and the College of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences has sites in Miami, Jacksonville, Tampa and Crestview.
FAMU is dedicated to the advancement of knowledge, resolution of complex issues and the empowerment of citizens and communities. The University provides a student-centered environment consistent with its core values. The faculty is committed to educating students at the undergraduate, graduate, doctoral and professional levels, preparing graduates to apply their knowledge, critical thinking skills and creativity in their service to society. FAMU’s distinction as a doctoral/research institution will continue to provide mechanisms to address emerging issues through local and global partnerships. Expanding upon the University’s land-grant status, it will enhance the lives of constituents through innovative research, engaging cooperative extension, and public service. While the University continues its historic mission of educating African Americans, FAMU embraces persons of all races, ethnic origins and nationalities as life-long members of the university community.
Scope of Work:
- Create branding campaign and creative elements through company, including small focus group analysis and industry knowledge. The successful submission will be a campaign with the following criteria:
- Capable of being utilized on all media platforms
- Must be ONE “tag line” relevant for “dual usage” for content about medical marijuana medicinal opportunities AND consequences of and impact of illegal marijuana in minority communities
- concept completion and submission required 14 days after awarding of contract
- concept submission must include two 30-second scripts demonstrating utilization of the “dual usage” strategy
- the brand must be authentic and resonate with citizens, businesses, and community groups throughout the state in order to gain the broadest possible support for the initiatives. It must be relevant to individual minority communities
- the successful awardee must also “produce” one 30-second video advertisement applicable for both the illegal use and medicinal use of marijuana
- Advise on implementation of branding campaign
- Creation of two scripts for the advertising campaign with one addressing illegal usage and the other addressing legal marijuana
- Must create branding campaign and logo design within two weeks of securing the contract award
- The selected branding campaign and creative concepts will be delivered with a style manual and guidelines for use and the capability of use in the following:
- Print and electronic advertising
- Website design
iii. Media placement
- Public Relations
Zimmerman is a strong Florida based PR agency.