Fulton County Government (“County”), is seeking proposals for development of a comprehensive economic development Marketing and Branding Plan that incorporates both traditional print materials and digital marketing efforts. This solicitation seeks to enhance existing digital marketing platforms while also creating new vehicles to promote Fulton County from an economic development perspective. The County is seeking a proposer that is experienced in development of economic development messaging that is geared towards site selectors, new and existing business owners, and the general public.
As a new organization, Select Fulton needs a comprehensive brand and marketing plan that needs to be developed in order to effectively brand and promote Fulton County. Traditionally, the Development Authority of Fulton County has served as the lead economic development agency for Fulton County and thus has had the greatest visibility. The goal of this effort is to shift that focus to the new initiative, Select Fulton. The mission of Select Fulton is to serve as a clearinghouse for economic development opportunities in Fulton County. Established in 2016, Select Fulton is an initiative created by Fulton County that brings together the Development Authority of Fulton County and the Fulton County Economic Development Division. According to the BLS, Fulton County accounts for 1/3 of all Metro Atlanta Jobs and 1/5 Georgia jobs. In addition, Fulton County is home to over 46,000 businesses and is the most economically intense county in Georgia and one of the most in the Southeast.
Scope of Work:
The project scope of work shall include and provide an in-depth brand and marketing plan that follows best practices and incorporates the following elements:
(a) market research to identify the current market, opportunities and trends,
(b) competitive analysis that reviews competitor strategies and vehicles for marketing
(c) target audience identified that includes site selectors, business owners, commercial real estate professionals, community leaders and other parties related to economic development
(d) brand Identity development that includes overall brand message and several marketing campaigns focused on targeted industries
(e) marketing strategy that lays out the tasks needed to execute the marketing plan,
(f) budget that reflects potential marketing expenditures beyond what is requested in the RFP
(g) metrics that provide insight into the penetration of the marketing efforts.
In addition to the marketing plan, the following services shall be provided:
(a) Select Fulton introductory video that will be storyboarded, filmed and edited.
(b) design three Select Fulton one-pagers that included a county-I/fide message and two separate industry specific messages.
(c) design a Select Fulton brochure that makes the ‘W hy Fulton County for Business” case
(d) website enhancements to our existing Select Fulton website (SelectFultonCounty.com) that incorporates that messaging from the marketing plan.
The project will be performed in three phases as follows:
Phase 1: Research Current Market Conditions, Conduct Competitive Analysis and Identify Target Audience.
- Market Research
- Assess the current assets of Fulton County to include business climate, major industries, workforce, quality of life amenities, infrastructure and other economic development related items.
- Competitive Analysis
- Identify best practices from local and regional economic development related marketing efforts in Georgia in addition to other leading economic development agencies across the nation
- Identify the current economic development related marketing efforts of Fulton County and evaluate their effectiveness.
iii. Identify new opportunities and trends occurring in economic development related marketing.
- Target Audience:
- Identify target audience that would consume marketing information in order to enhance the economic development profile and opportunities in Fulton County to include but not limited to site selectors, business owners, commercial real estate professionals, community leaders and other parties related to economic development.
Phase 2: Develop Brand Identity and Marketing Strategy
- Brand Identity:
- Based on the market research, develop comprehensive brand identity for Fulton County from an economic development perspective which includes identity guidelines, messaging, and packaging.
- Marketing Strategy
- Develop comprehensive economic development marketing strategy based on market research and competitive analysis.
- Campaigns – Design marketing campaign around a unified County message in addition to campaigns focused on Fulton’s leading industries.
- Budget – Includes preliminary suggested marketing budget and associated expenditures such as in print and digital media publications, marketing tools and other related items.
iii. Metrics – Includes suggested metrics of how to capture touch points and impact of marketing efforts.
Phase 3: Digital and Print Marketing Enhancements
- Introductory Video
- Development of a 1-2 minute Introductory Video that highlights the economic development opportunities that exist in Fulton County and highlights the areas strong business climate, workforce talent and quality of life.
- Creation of three separate, front and back, one pagers that promote a county-wide economic development message for Fulton County in addition to two separate industry focused one pagers to use for targeted industries.
- Creation of a 10-15 page brochure that highlights the economic development opportunities that exist in Fulton County and highlights the areas strong business climate, workforce talent and quality of life.
- Website Enhancements to SelectFultonCounty.com
- City Pages – creation of individual informational webpages for each city located in Fulton County.
- Photo/Map Deal Page – creation of mapping tool that highlights the companies/developments where the Select Fulton had a role in making the project a success.
iii. Data/Information Clearinghouse Page – Enhance existing data center that provides useful data and information relevant to business looking to move, start or expand in Fulton County.
Finn Partners works extensively in economic development.
Top Public Relations News:
Maryland – State Lottery and Gaming Agency Issues Marketing, Media RFP
Indian Government Agency Seeking Digital Media Agency
Upcoming PR Trends
Twitter Boosts Responsibility Profile by Targeting Political Bots
Social Media RFP Issued By North Central Regional Library
LEWIS PR Boosts Client Roster with Powerwave Technologies
Creating a Writing Plan for PR Strategies
Vatican Unveils Social Network for People Seeking the Truth about Catholicism
Uber Public Relations: A Global Effort Facing Local Issues
Voxus PR – 5 Questions About 2021 PR Planning