HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, is seeking a qualified firm to research and conduct its TV, billboard, radio, print and/or digital media buys as specified in the listed requirements.
Table of Contents - Everything PR News
- Use the College’s advertising resources as effectively as possible
- Use market research to target advertising to audiences that are most likely to enroll in HACC
- Streamline the invoicing process for media buys
- Access a dashboard of the impact of various media buys in one location
HACC is the largest and oldest of the Pennsylvania’s 14 community colleges and is the sole such institution serving the Central Pennsylvania region. HACC, Central Pennsylvania’s Community College, offers more than 100 career and transfer associate degree, certificate and diploma programs to nearly 19,000 students at campuses in Gettysburg, Harrisburg, Lancaster, Lebanon and York and through online classes. In addition, HACC serves more than 6,000 students in noncredit workforce development, public safety, adult basic education and continuing education programs offered at all campuses and off-site locations in many communities in Central Pennsylvania.
Although HACC experienced double-digit growth in the decade ending in fall 2010 with an enrollment of 23,210 students, the College is experiencing a nationwide trend of declining enrollments at postsecondary institutions. In fall 2011, HACC experienced its first decline in enrollment, with 22,595 students enrolled and 21,945 students enrolled in fall 2012. The trend has continued, with a slight increase in full-time students in fall 2017. More information on the College’s enrollment is available in the current College data book at http://www.hacc.edu/AboutHACC/InstitutionalEffectiveness/InstitutionalResearch/College-Data.cfm .
HACC currently works with media outlets directly to negotiate and purchase billboard, TV, radio, print and digital advertising. Some advertising covers our 11-county region, while our digital advertising is more targeted by interest and demographics. HACC conducts approximately 10 recruitment campaigns and up to six program marketing campaigns each year. The College’s average budget for advertising is $400,000.
Scope of Work:
The firm hired must be able to perform the following responsibilities if requested by the College.
- Conduct brainstorming session with HACC’s Office of College Advancement to review HACC’s current objectives, audiences and advertising portfolio
- Provide an assessment of HACC’s current objectives, audiences and advertising portfolio
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of the Pennsylvania media market
- Provide recommendations on the most effective advertising to reach HACC’s priority audiences based on your assessment and market research
- Negotiate media buying contracts on behalf of the College for best placement to meet the HACC’s objectives and best use of resources
- Pay vendors on behalf of the College
- Reconcile invoices from media outlets to ensure accuracy
- Provide assessment of all advertising buys in an online dashboard
- Respond to expedited requests regarding media buys based on assessment results
- Provide HACC with the latest market research that can inform future media buys