The Hawai‘i Tourism Authority (HTA) is seeking professional services for the design, development and support for a website redesign of their global consumer website, gohawaii.com. Established in 1998, the Hawaii Tourism Authority (HTA) is the lead state agency for tourism.
The HTA is charged with:
(1) Setting tourism policy and direction with the goal of contributing to the ongoing, sustainable growth of Hawaii’s economy
(2) Developing and implementing the State’s tourism marketing plan and efforts
(3) Managing programs and activities to sustain a healthy visitor industry
(4) Developing and implementing the Hawaii Tourism Strategic Plan
(5) Coordinating tourism- related research, planning, promotional and outreach activities with the public and private sectors.
HTA’s four key focus areas are to:
- Improve the Integrity of the Destination
- Ensure Stable Economic Benefits
- Elevate Hawaii’s Value Perception
- Strengthen HTA’s Reputation
The chosen agency building the site will:
- Authentically and positively highlight Hawaii’s diverse culture, its natural beauty, and its attractions and events.
- Inspire travelers to choose Hawai‘i for their next vacation
- Provide travel planning information about the islands
- Innovate to align with the rapidly-changing and future tourism industry, associated technology advancements (e.g. social media, GPS, Geo-targeting, beacon technology, virtual technology, Mobile apps, online commerce, etc.), and the changing demographics and needs of visitors and travelers
- Be relevant, informative and useful as a resource to Hawaii’s global markets, encouraging interaction and dialogue with website visitor traffic
- Assist in increasing visitor arrivals, expenditures and per-person, per-day spending
HTA’s primary marketing efforts are focused on U.S. and Canada, Japan, China, South Korea, Taiwan, South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, UK, Germany, France & Latin America.
Proposals are due by January 26th, 2016 and should be submitted to Ronald D. Rodriguez, firstname.lastname@example.org. Sounds like a great opportunity for a strong agency.