Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport (HACS), Media and Public Relations RFP
The Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport (herein after called “HACS”), a Public Housing Authority, is soliciting proposals from interested and qualified professional companies and individuals with the appropriate experience and expertise to provide media and public relations services to market, develop, and implement strategies and tools to increase the public’s awareness of HACS’s programs, activities, services, and initiatives, as more particularly outlined in the Scope of Work in this Request for Proposals.
The Housing Authority of the City of Shreveport provides subsidized housing to over 2,500 low-and-moderate income individuals and families. The Housing Choice Voucher (HCV) Program provides rental assistance to approximately 1,900 low income, disabled, or elderly individuals in the city of Shreveport. The HCV Program allows low-and-moderate income families to choose and lease affordable, privately-owned rental properties.
HACS owns and manages public housing developments throughout the city of Shreveport, which provides affordable housing to 675 families. Public Housing units are available to those applicants who meet income and program eligibility requirements.
Scope of Work
The selected firm shall provide media and public relation services to HACS to include the following:
- Manage and coordinate media relationships to facilitate positive media coverage to include press releases, advisories, media pitching, coordinating media interviews, media inquiries and similar activities for HACS.
- Develop news stories or announcements that generate quantifiable media value.
- Provide guidance, training, and professional development to HACS for improving media communication skills, use of social media, and emerging media.
- Design, develop, and produce creative informational materials as needed, such as newsletters, videos, brochures, ads, flyers, annual reports, and mailing pieces.
- Plan and execute special events, press conferences, etc. plans and procedures, and execute crisis management in situations where such is deemed appropriate or necessary
- Assist in development of communication plans for all HACS programs.
- Identify opportunities to establish meaningful rapport between HACS and community partners.
- Develop HACS social media platforms such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Coordinate writing and distributing press releases in a timely manner.
- Attend local events and presentations to capture HACS’s activities to include print photography, and video.
- Assist with redevelopment of the HACS website
Deliverables shall include weekly reports, press release, media scheduling of agency interviews, media follow-up discussions, and public relations outreach.
September 15 2017