India Tourism Development Corporation Limited (ITDC) is a Government of India Undertaking (Under the aegis of Ministry of Tourism, GoI) entrusted with the task to develop and expand tourism infrastructure & promote India as tourist destination. ITDC provides one stop solution for all travel & tourism needs which includes Hotels & Catering, Conferences & Conventions, Travels & Tours, Air Ticketing & Transportation, Duty Free Shopping, Hospitality Education, Events Management, Tourism Infrastructure Projects, Sound & Light Shows, Publicity & Tourism Consultancy and Print Production.
India Tourism Development Corporation Limited (ITDC) is a Government of India Undertaking (Under the aegis of Ministry of Tourism, GoI) entrusted with the task to develop and expand tourism infrastructure & promote India as tourist destination. ITDC provides one stop solution for all travel & tourism needs which includes Hotels & Catering, Conferences & Conventions, Travels & Tours, Air Ticketing & Transportation, Duty Free Shopping, Hospitality Education, Events Management, Tourism Infrastructure Projects, Sound & Light Shows, Publicity & Tourism Consultancy and Print Production. Details about ITDC is available on www.theashokgroup.com
Scope of Work
- Press Conferences / Meets: Interviews of ITDC top brass with leading business publications and news channels/Features/Press Releases in strategic manner and proactively develop the theme/concept for press meets.
- Work out news releases, articles and other promotional initiatives targeting regional, local, national & international media.
- Develop time frame for insertions: time releases/media initiatives for sustained & high visibility at key centers and liaise with target media to bring out special reports on activities/events across electronic, print, outdoor, radio and digital media (including social media)
- Conceptualize and develop media & promotional strategy and suggest tools to execute the same.
- Develop a communications plan that conceptualizes and develops positive storyboards in respect of ITDC and showcase them at appropriate levels.
- Maximize publicity for the ITDC in regional & national media.
- Establish a 24 X 7 press office or as per the requirement of ITDC in case of special and big events & organizing the pre and post publicity for various events.
- Managing media relations and networks and improving their interaction with the stakeholders.
- Coordinating features and advertorials in leading national and business publications.
- Disseminate and release news articles and columns on behalf of the ITDC.
- Facilitate national media partnerships / alliances and manage crisis situations around the event.
- Coverage on ITDC, competitive coverage, industry reports relevant to the travel & tourism sector.
- Provide reports of press clippings, TV news items from across key centers of North, East, North East, West and South regions.
Influencer/Opinion Leaders Outreach:
- Highlight the objectives, rationale and relevance of the programme in broader context, with a view to positively influencing opinion leaders in each of the relevant regions/cities by providing build up and support to ITDC participation in seminars, conferences and trade shows
- Develop a customized online PR strategy that would work in tandem with the traditional PR as well as Marketing & Sales activity to drive traffic to the official website, creative buzz for ITDC properties offline activities, tap into blogosphere discussion relevant to ITDC, enhance visibility of ITDC properties within value rewarding online magazines, news portals and networking spaces
Strategic Counseling and Spokespersons Training:
- Formulate key messages through messaging workshops and provide guidance in developing overall strategy.
- Monthly meetings and fortnightly conference calls between client and senior management to discuss campaign and review work.
- To undertake media training at various levels to provide refresher modules for relevant spokespersons and organize basic communication, process flows and skills equipping media workshops for all access points within the organization.
- In the event of unforeseen occurrences, which may have potential of creating negative perception about the ITDC, the communications agency will have to take proactive steps to help the ITDC representatives communicate effectively using various media vehicles and channels as deemed fit.
All of the above, PR activities to be supported by Strategic Social Media Outreach Program which includes Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Youtube etc.
- Shall perform any other work related to the assignment as required and as identified during the course of assignment.
- At the end of the programme Media & PR agency to submit a consolidate report with details of all the activities done during the entire course of programme.
- Quarterly Corporate magazine/communiqué highlighting quarterly activities of the Corporation would be published by the selected agency. Magazine may be e-form or in print version. In case print version is required, job of PR agency would be to perform and provide content in e-form and printing job would be conducted by ITDC through its creative division.
December 22nd 2017
General Manager (Public Relations & Culture)
India Tourism Development Corporation Limited
Hotel The Ashok
50-B, Diplomatic Enclave,
Niti Marg, Chanakyapuri,
New Delhi – 110021 INDIA
Telephone: +91-11-26110101, Extn: 3006, 3108
Top Public Relations News:
Leading Bike Vacation PR Firm Cycling For Public Relations Company
PR Plus PR Firm Hired as Agency of Record for Smashburger
Campbell’s Neuromarketing, and the Future of Advertising
The Four Horsemen of The Link Apocalypse
Simon Kelner: No Bollocks, but New PR Nevertheless?
Arkansas Tourism Issues Advertising RFP
Aston Martin India: The One 77 Arrives
Russian Federation Represent Maldives PR
New Study Shows Pricing Discrepancy Online Vs. In-Store
Mastering Crisis Communications