The Iowa Department of Public Health – Division of Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention – has issued an RFP for statewide media, marketing, and advertising services.
They seek an agency able to: Consult, develop, and place marketing and advertising materials/campaigns for programs as requested by IDPH, including Focus groups, Intercept testing, message creation and more.
Three specific assignments now in need of work:
- Division of Tobacco Use Prevention, and Control: Develop and produce a marketing campaign for Quitline Iowa, ISTEP, Smoke-Free Air Act, and Smoke-Free Homes. IDPH has $500,000 available for these four campaigns.
- Consult with Division of Tobacco Use, Prevention, and Control staff on goals, target audiences, and programmatic information for each campaign.
- Place materials statewide using advertising venues
- Provide post-campaign metrics and samples.
- Iowa Nutrition Network: Update the Pick a better snack™, Play Your Way. One Hour a Day, and Their bodies change. So should their milk. Social marketing campaigns. IDPH has $200,000 for three campaigns.
- Pick a better snack™ and Play Your Way. One Hour a Day. Campaigns.
- Conduct a formative evaluation of the Pick a better snack™ and Play Your Way. One Hour a Day.
- Prepare a report of the formative research for the Iowa Nutrition Network for each campaign.
- Develop images and messaging for various mediums
- Place new campaign mediums in appropriate venues in targeted locations
- Assess recall, acceptance, and understanding of the new campaign mediums in various venues in targeted locations approved by IDPH.
- Iowa Gambling Treatment Program: Develop and produce an online marketing campaign for 1-800-BETS-OFF and www.1800BETSOFF.org. IDPH has $100,000 available for this campaign.
- Consult with Iowa Gambling Treatment Program staff on goals, target audiences, and programmatic information.
- Place materials statewide using advertising venues including but not limited to television, digital and online advertising, radio, outdoor billboards and signage, print, and other venues.
Applications are due by July 21, 2016, in the Electronic Grant Management System at www.IowaGrants.gov.