MARKETING RFP ISSUED BY IOWA DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE & LAND STEWARDSHIP
Submit proposal by October 21st at 1:00 pm
to: Jonathan Koele Wallace
State Office Building
502 E. 9th St. Des Moines, IA 50319
The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) is seeking a proposal for advertisements throughout Iowa to address the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule (PSR). The PSR is federal food safety legislation for fruit and vegetable farms. This rule sets federal regulatory standards for the production, harvest and handling of fruits and vegetables in an effort to prevent microbial contamination and reduce foodborne illnesses.
This goals of this Promotional and Outreach Campaign are:
1) Increase overall awareness of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) Produce Safety Rule (PSR) among the target audience (produce growers in the state of Iowa).
2) Promote PSR trainings to help growers understand the PSR requirements and how they apply to their farm.
3) Encourage produce growers to complete an Iowa Produce Safety Survey to assess PSR compliance
4) Promote our program websites to learn more about educational and technical assistance opportunities such as On-Farm Readiness Reviews (OFRRs).
5) Drive traffic to our website which contains training information, Iowa Produce Safety Survey, and technical assistance information.
Desired measurable outcomes: Increase registrations for PSR trainings, increase submissions of Iowa Produce Safety Survey, increase requests for technical assistance (OFRRs).
Scope of Work
If you are interested in this project, please provide details for a project that would:
• Use a mix of print and digital ads
• The ads should be targeted to Iowa produce growers.
• Providing at least one sample script for consideration.
• Address the above-mentioned goals and desired outcomes of the campaign.
• Estimate the size of the target audience, potential media outlets that may be used, and the potential reach ofthe campaign.
• Include the designs of the print and digital ads.
• IDALS will provide brand guidelines
• Includes monthly performance reports and a full performance report after the campaign ends.
• Print and digital ad reach
• Print and digital ad impressions
• Digital ad engagement (clicks, likes, shares and views)
• IDALS will own this data.
• Summarizes the marketing campaign’s performance after it concludes
• Campaign will have two phases
• Phase 1 will run from December 2022 to March 2023 and focus on PSR training events, website
awareness, and overall PSR awareness.
• Phase 2 will run from April-June 2023 and focus on overall PSR awareness, technical assistance/OFRRs,
website awareness, and Iowa Produce Safety Survey.
• Due to the length of the campaign, IDALS requests ideas to keep campaign fresh.
• Has a campaign budget that shall be between $29,000 – $31,000