MARKETING RFP ISSUED BY MINNESOTA OFFICE OF HIGHER EDUCATION
The Office of Higher Education (OHE or State) is seeking proposals from qualified firms to provide design and consulting services in conjunction with marketing services for the SELF Refi Program. The initial contract is anticipated to run from March 30, 2020 through December 31, 2021. OHE will have an option to renew the contract for up to an additional three years.
The mission of OHE is “to advance the promise of higher education to all Minnesotans”. The goal of this project to create and implement a marketing campaign to inform Minnesota residents with student loan debt about the availability of the SELF Refi Loan program. Accurate and objective information is to be provided to Minnesota residents who may benefit from refinancing their student debt. The marketing campaign must encompass approaches that are effective in identifying relevant populations and determining the appropriate marketing tools to utilize.
Scope of Work:
- Develop a good working knowledge of higher education refinancing
- Provide research on effectiveness of recommended marketing strategies to targeted audiences
- Create multiple ideas and suggestions to effectively and efficiently coordinate and execute a SELF Refi program marketing campaign to targeted audiences, incorporating various forms of media as appropriate
- Create a SELF Refi Program Style Guide to minimize re-work and ensure Contractor has a clear understanding of the SELF Refi program’s requirements
- Draft a marketing campaign
- Prepare detailed work plan
- Create campaign timeline and calendar
- Monitor and track calendar assignments
- Create document drafts that:
- are ADA compliant
- adhere to Minnesota State Style Guide
- adhere to SELF Refi Program Style Guide
- Provide a minimum of three drafts of each creative idea, unless acceptance by OHE of first or second draft. Drafts with Contractor’s errors such as spelling errors, not ADA compliant or not adhering to the Minnesota State Style Guide or the SELF Refi Program Style Guide are not counted as a required draft
- Implement necessary campaign tasks such as:
- Create and monitor online advertisements
- Send emails over a period of time and update lists for bounce backs and opt-outs
- For printed documents, prepare pre-press files and attend press checks, if requested.
- Provide design for promotional items, signs, posters and other items as requested
- Minor web site design updates
- Prepare and present to OHE monthly reports summarizing marketing campaign activity
- Notify OHE of any critical Contractor staffing changes
- Marketing research skills
- Knowledge of social media marketing techniques and effectiveness
- Ability to provide creative design ideas/concepts
- Accuracy in preparing and proofing all deliverables
- Working knowledge of higher education and student loan refinancing issues and experience developing successful design pieces and marketing that are applicable to a diverse audience, preferably related to higher education and/or student loan refinancing
Spark PR and J Public Relations are agencies worth considering.