Marketing RFP Issued For Spokane International Airport
Submit Proposals to:
Spokane International Airport
ATTN: Todd S. Woodard 9000 W. Airport Drive, Room 204 Spokane, WA 99224
Deadline Date: 1/4/2023 Time: 4:00PM (PDT)
Spokane Airports is jointly owned by Spokane County and the City of Spokane. The city and county operate the airports under provisions of RCW 14.08, which establishes the operation of airports by more than one municipality under joint agreement. The operating authority of Spokane Airports is the Spokane Airport Board, consisting of seven appointees from the two governmental bodies.
The Board annually oversees a capital and operating budget of approximately $118 million from various funding sources. The Board operates three facilities: Spokane International Airport, Felts Field Airport, and the Airport Business Park, as well as has a Grant of Authority to operate Foreign Trade Zone #224. Spokane International Airport is a 6,000-acre commercial service airport offering 20 nonstop destinations served by six airlines, as well as convenient one-stop connections to most major domestic and international destinations.
The Airport recorded 3,280,062 total passengers and 76,569 U.S. air cargo tons in 2021. In addition to Amazon Air’s sort facility, FedEx and UPS provide scheduled all-cargo service at the Airport. U.S. Customs provides Federal Inspection Service for clearing international flights and Signature Flight Support provides Fixed Base Operator services. Further, Aero Center Spokane is constructing a full-service fixed based operator facility at the Airport, with expected completion in 2023
The Airport has used several platforms for marketing and advertising services and the expectation is for the successful proposer to utilize a mix of radio, newsprint, billboards, digital, printed materials, etc., to maximize the individual budget allocation or needs of the project. Services to be provided will include the following:
- The successful proposer will support the promotion of new nonstop routes as established by the Airport as part of incentive programs they have extended to Spokane International Airport RFP for Marketing and Advertising Services Page 5 of 15 the individual airline. Support will also be given to any new or ongoing marketing of traditional and digital campaigns to promote all the Airport’s nonstop cities and the access to individual airline network of cities, as well as any unanticipated announcements that may arise.
2. Provide graphical and communication support for the Terminal Renovation and Expansion Project, including but not limited to signage and wayfinding, project awareness, benefit and update advertising and materials, and support for the project’s website, www.gegtrex.com. Special events such as topping out and ribbon-cuttings,, periodic media tours, project milestones, and ribbon-cutting ceremonies will also be an important component of the support to be provided under the contract.
3. Develop branding, awareness, and marketing and advertising materials, including to aid with aerospace, logistics, and advanced manufacturing business development efforts. Provide strategy and tactical support including but not limited to identifying social and digital communication channels, drafting social and email copy, and providing creative support for collateral materials deployed at air shows and aerospace-related conferences. In addition, offer support for the Airport’s business development website, www.SpokaneAero.com.
4. Offer marketing and advertising services for special events, sponsorships activities, and trade show materials, including but not limited to retractable signs, fabric wraps, and trade booth design, assembly, and printing.
5. Occasional specialty items will need to be developed of unique marketing items to be presented to airlines and other tenants to achieve top-of-mind awareness and to demonstrate Spokane’s creativity on their behalf. In a similar manner use of the Spokane International Airport and the Felts Field logo on marketing specialty advertising give-away items such as coffee cups, folios, apparel, hats, etc., will also come under the contract.
6. Create graphics to help with promotion of Airport parking products, such as shuttle wraps, ground-transportation-related maps, signage and other requested graphics.
7. The successful proposer would also provide media buys as appropriate for the various messaging outlets, with the Airport reimbursing the successful proposer for the actual costs of such media buys.
8. Assist with development and provide support for marketing and advertising of the Airport for all platforms and means of communication, including development of graphical art