The University of Maryland University College is issuing this Request for Proposals (“RFP” or “Solicitation”) to solicit proposals from marketing research firms to perform marketing research services on UMUC’s brand. The marketing research services will consist of customized annual brand tracker surveys for use locally and in demographic marketing areas nationwide and creative testing capabilities.
Established in 1947, UMUC specializes in high-quality academic programs that are convenient for a wide range of individuals: adults, working professionals and military personnel. UMUC’s programs are specifically tailored to fit into the demanding lives of those who wish to pursue a respected degree that can advance them personally and grow their careers. UMUC provides educational opportunities to more than 80,000 students through a combination of classroom and distance-learning formats and has earned a worldwide reputation for excellence as a comprehensive virtual university. The University offers a highly acclaimed faculty and world-class student services to educate students online, throughout Maryland, across the United States, and in more than 20 countries and territories around the world. UMUC serves its students through undergraduate and graduate programs, noncredit leadership development, and customized programs. For more information regarding UMUC and its programs, visit www.umuc.edu.
Scope of Work:
Brand Tracker Survey
Execute annual brand tracker surveys for the DMV region (Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia) and for markets throughout the United States.
Brand Tracker Surveys must:
(1) Measure and track brand health and advertising awareness; and
(2) Identify and measure key decision drivers, attributes, and reputation metrics over time;
(3) Be conducted across the following audiences:
- Prospective students (DMV)
- Community college students (DMV)
- Active duty/military-affiliated prospects (nationwide), and
- Veteran prospects (nationwide)
- Other audiences of interest (geographically or other criteria) may be required as needed
(4) Be executed on an annual basis towards the end of fiscal years FY18, FY19 and FY20.
(5) Conduct additional and/or follow-up marketing research, competitive analysis, and other research-related services/projects as requested.
The Contractor shall conduct creative testing using quantitative and qualitative methods and technology to help develop or refine advertising campaigns for UMUC that are effective, differentiating and impactful.
To ensure that its advertising and communications continue to resonate with target audiences, drive favorable opinions of UMUC, and increase enrollment intent, the Contractor shall:
- Test consumer impressions of UMUC and competitor advertising to obtain an understanding of key themes and message takeaways; and how these takeaways affect perceptions of UMUC on key reputation drivers;
- Conduct research across audiences and geographies as needed;
- Conduct focus groups across various audiences in the DMV region and nationwide as requested; and
- Conduct additional and/or follow-up marketing research, competitive analysis, and other research-related services/projects as requested.
Meetings. Contractor’s team personnel shall be available to timely attend planning meetings, budget reconciliation meetings, presentation meetings, and other meetings as reasonably requested during the term of the contract. To facilitate transition, the Contractor shall attend start-up meetings with appropriate UMUC representatives. These meetings will address UMUC’s expectations and the transition of current and proposed projects. If the vendor/contractor is not located within an hour’s drive of UMUC Adelphi headquarters, the vendor/contractor should be able to participate in videoconferencing with the UMUC representatives throughout the contract term.
December 29, 2017
Procurement Suite 4100
3501 University Boulevard
East Adelphi, Maryland 20783
Firms with strong education experience include Cohn & Wolfe.