The City of Roseville (hereinafter “City”), is soliciting proposals for a Utilities Communications/Marketing Support and Graphic Design Services. The Utilities Communications/Marketing Support and Graphic Design Services would be provided to Roseville’s two community owned utilities -Environmental Utilities (EU) and Roseville Electric Utility (RE). Environmental Utilities provides water, wastewater, solid waste and recycled water utility services to Roseville’s residents and businesses. Roseville Electric Utility provides electric service to more than 58,000 residents and business customers in the City of Roseville. The City of Roseville owns and operates both utilities.
Environmental Utilities and Roseville Electric Utility are seeking a lead public relations agency (agency) to support both departments in the following:
- Developing and implementing their annual communication and marketing plans
- Providing creative support, producing collateral and other marketing materials and items through professional graphic design
- Assisting in event planning and attendance
- Providing analysis and feedback related to the utility brand
- Providing other related services on an as needed basis
Most of the marketing and outreach activities conducted by both utility departments are connected to specific state and federal mandates requiring a demonstrated increase in awareness and participation in various resource efficiency services that EU and RE provide to its customers. As a result, EU and RE have invested and are committed to building awareness of the services and the value they provide to customers and the community through a managed branding and value campaign. Also, the selected firm(s) may be asked to provide similar services to the Roseville Utility Exploration Center on an as-needed basis. The Roseville Utility Exploration Center is co-managed and co-funded by EU and RE and is a learning center focused on presenting utility-related information to the public. The Roseville Utility Exploration Center is located at 1501 Pleasant Grove Blvd., Roseville.
Scope of Work:
The Marketing Support and Graphic Design Services Contract (“Contract”) will involve the following services provided to Environmental Utilities and Roseville Electric. The contract and all work activities will be managed by the Public Information Officer for Environmental Utilities and the Public Relations Manager for Roseville Electric Utility. Services will be requested and provided on an on-call as-needed basis.
The potential agency is being asked to provide bids for the following types of work for:
- Annual communications, outreach and marketing plan development
- Full service marketing plan implementation, maintenance and reporting
- Creative development on an as-needed basis
- Providing strategic advice on an as-needed basis
- Event planning and execution on an as-needed basis
- Graphic design services on an as-needed basis
- Assistance in managing the ongoing value and branding campaigns of each utility on an as-needed basis
- Providing items A – G for the Roseville Utility Exploration Center on an as-needed basis
February 19th, 2018
City of Roseville
Attn: City Clerk
Department 311 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678