The State is issuing this solicitation for the purpose of developing a data-driven awareness campaign to reduce sexual violence in Maryland featuring themes and messaging that complements sexual violence prevention programming at statewide and local-levels. Funds allow for community and stakeholder engagement, data analysis, messaging development , graphic design, media production, informational materials, and other related expenses.
The State is issuing this solicitation for the purpose of developing a multi-component social marketing campaign addressing sexual violence prevention. The social marketing campaign is coordinated with input from the Rape and Sexual Assault Prevention Program (RSAPP) at the Maryland Department of Hea lth (MDH). The social marketing campaign messages will be developed based on data and strategies based on the best available evidence. The soc ial marketing campaign will bedeveloped in concert with sexual violence prevention activities occurring throughout the state. Such strategies being implemented may include bystander intervention, mobilizing men and boys as allies, safe dating and healthy sexua lity, harmful gender roles, or education about the link between sexual violence prevention and environmental factors. Messaging will be geared towards reducing risk factors and/or increas ing protective factors related to sexual viole nce perpetration. Focus groups, made up of professionals and community members, will be held to determine messaging priorities. Available data sources, current research, and best practice principles will be referenced to inform decision-maki”ng. The top priority will be selected to develop a multi-co mponent social marketing campaign with IO interrelated products, dependent on focus group results with the target audience.
Products may include: public service announcements, videos, social media posts, brochure, poster , infographic, ads, or other items. These components will be packaged into a user- friendly toolkit and made accessible to professionals and community leaders in September 2019.
Scope of Work:
1. Develop a multi-component, data-informed soc ial marketing campaign addressing sexual violence prevention in consult with the Rape and Sexual Assault Prevention Program (RSAPP) at the Maryland Department of Health (MDH).
- Develop social marketing campaign messages based on data and strategies us ing the best available evidence. Messages may include bystander intervention, mobilizing men and boys as allies, safe dating and healthy sexuality, harmful gender roles, or education about the link between sexua l violence prevention and environmental factors.
- Develop the social marketing campaign strategy in concert with sexua l violence prevention activities occurring throughout the state.
- Develop messag ing that is intended to reduce risk factors and/or increase protective factors related to sexual violence perpetration that have been identified by the CDC.
2. Organize and facilitate focus groups, made up of professionals and community members, will be held to determine messaging priorities.
3. Utilize available data sources, current research, and best practice principles to infonn decision making throughout the contract period.
4. Develop a multi-component social marketing campaign with IO interrelated products based on focus group results and research. Products may include public service announcements, videos, social media posts, brochure, poster, infographic, ads, and/or other items.
5. Package developed components into a user-friendly toolkit intended for use by professionals and community leaders.
- Fonn a team of qualified staff/consultants and begin project planning within one week of contract execution.
- Coordinate with the MDH Contract Monitor on a weekly basis throughout the duration of the contract.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders as identified by the MDH Contract Monitor on an as-needed basis.
Submit midtenn report by June 14, 2019 that:
(a) summarizes focus group findings;
(b) summarizes applicable research findings; and
(c) makes recommendations for messaging and format of products.
Submit a final report by September 30, 20I9 that includes:
(a) a description and outcomes of activities conducted;
(b) recommendations for dissemination of toolkit;
(c) recommendations for next steps to implement the campaign effectively; and
(d) description of actual budget and costs associated with the project.
Presentations and Meetings:
- Research available data sources, peer-reviewed journal articles, national violence prevention organizations, other publications related to effectiveness of social marketing from a public health lens, and identify similarly structured campaigns to inform decision-making and present findings to MDH Contract Monitor by April 30, 2019.
- Conduct a minimum of four focus groups, including one for public health and violence prevention professionals and the remainder for community members who embody potential target population demographics by May 31, 2019.
- Develop at least three campaign concepts and present them to the MOH Contract Monitor after receiving feedback on the recommendations included in the midtenn report by July 19, 20 I9.
- Submit meeting minutes of each focus group within one week of its completion to the MOH Contract Monitor.
- Based on feedback from the concept presentation, develop at least IO interrelated products for the social marketing campaign, consistent with MOH branding, by August 16, 201·9 (the formats of the products are dependent upon focus group results and may include a combination of: public service announcements, videos, social media posts, brochure, poster, infographic, ads, or other items).
- Submit a finalized family of products based on MOH feedback to the MDH Contract Monitor by September 6, 2019.
- Compile the developed products into an accessible toolkit and make available to professionals by September 15, 2019.
February 14th, 2019.
Maryland Department of Health
Prevention and Health Promotion Administration
201 W. Preston St. Room 322,
Baltimore, MD 21201
Attention: Robert Bruce/ PHPA 3150G MDM0031042670
Zeno Group and W2O group have relevant experience.
Top Public Relations News:
Facebook Adds Anniversaries to Profiles: Monetization to Follow?
Tactics For Better Email Marketing Campaigns
Kwittken & Company: PR Funny of the Day
Bollywood’s Katrina Kaif Says No Kiss Kiss
City of Kelowna Issues Marketing and Advertising RFP
NYS Higher Education Services Corporation Issues Marketing & Advertising RFP
PRWeb Visibility Enhanced Through Zemata Partnership
Doing Business in the US: Bad PR News for States
VIRGOPR NAMED AGENCY OF RECORD BY HODLNAUT
Massachusetts Branding RFP: Many Good Companies, But Not Rasky Baerlein