The Birmingham-Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA), doing business as “MAX” is seeking a qualified Public Relations firm to encourage aggressive, proactive media outreach to increase visibility for BJCTA, its events, activities, amenities and promotions. The Scope of Services includes three major components: Media Relations, Crisis Management, Reputation and Branding.
As the transportation leader in Central Alabama, we strive for excellence at all times. MAX, which stands for Metro Area Express, is the bus system operated by the Birmingham Jefferson County Transit Authority (BJCTA). We average approximately 3 million riders each year. Currently, BJCTA does not receive dedicated funding from the Alabama Department of Transportation. Aside from federal funds, we are able to operate using our partnerships with local businesses and municipalities. From new technology on our buses to a state-of-the-art Intermodal facility, we are changing the dynamics within our industry.
Our mission is to refine, refocus and rebuild public transportation. We want to develop and maintain an effective, efficient, and safe system that is responsive to the mobility needs of the community. MAX transit can be trusted to maintain and encourage the use of public transportation which shall in return contribute to the economic vitality of the community, the conservation of natural resources and the protection of the environment.
Scope of Work:
- Execute targeted public relations campaigns to generate feature articles, event listings, and related publicity for events, promotions, and activities targeting publicity in print, TV, radio and online outlets.
- Propose and implement a regional (Statewide) media-relations strategy that elevates the exposure of the Birmingham-Jefferson County to identified audiences via local and regional news and media organizations.
- Coordinate messaging with third party BJCTA partners and arranging media interviews.
- The PR firm must have a developed (excellent rated) relationship with local and regional media outlets, to include print, online and broadcast.
- Tracking coverage and measuring overall efforts, delivering weekly reports and comprehensive reports monthly (including estimated number of impressions and media value).
- Proactively identify opportunities for media coverage, both locally and regionally, and work to facilitate that coverage.
- Schedule media interviews for identified BJCTA personnel and/or board members
- Produce and edit high quality printed and broadcasted communications materials that meet BJCTA public relations and outreach objectives.
- Provide daily news monitoring services for coverage relating to BJCTA and their stakeholders
- Recommend media format and target media groups that best address the goals of BJCTA
- Recommend PR strategies with compelling messaging for generating publicity, promotional or communications opportunities, involving traditional, online and social media
- Develop, write and format talking points, news releases, speeches and other messaging as requested.
- Coordinate new conferences and staging when appropriate to drive coverage
- Advise on strategy and approach in response to new opportunities, communication strategy and crisis outbreak.
Attn: Darryl Grayson, Procurement Manager
1801 Morris Avenue
Birmingham, AL 35203
Top Public Relations News:
Commonwealth of Virginia Issues RFP Seeking Marketing in Canada
Curbside Is Here to Stay
How Small Businesses Can Boost Their Online Presence
Top 5 Most Popular Social Media Platforms for Branding
Alpha Brain & Possible Dangers of Health Supplements
Famous Super Bowl Commercials: PETA’s “Veggie Love”
Austin, Texas Issues Communications RFP
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development Seeks Marketing Agency
Bryant Rides the Pine in Pittsburgh
Tout’d Gets $1.4 Mil to Show & Tell