MEDIA PLAN, CREATIVE DESIGN, ASSET COLLECTION AND MEDIA PLACEMENT FOR WINCHESTER ADVERTISING CAMPAIGN
The Winchester-Frederick County Convention and Visitors Bureau (“WFCCVB”) is a joint-funded destination marketing organization (DMO) located in the Northern Shenandoah Valley of Virginia, about 1.5 hours west of Washington DC. It currently receives financial contributions from the City of Winchester and Frederick County, and markets assets from both localities. Its mission is to foster the area economy by marketing the community as a destination, enhancing the visitors’ experience, and supporting product development. It also operates a modern, state-certified Visitor Center and gift shop in close proximity to I- 81.
The WFCCVB went through a successful professional rebranding in 2017 and Tourism Strategic Plan in 2021 and has adopted the guidance provided by those processes. The “Uncommon to the Core” campaign was developed and launched in Spring 2021 and a media plan is currently in-market through the end of June, 2022.
The WFCCVB Tourism Board has allocated $150,000 for the 2023 fiscal year, to cover media placements during the months of July-December, and April-June.
The WFCCVB is seeking a professional firm (“Company”) to develop the media plan, adjust existing creative assets, and place the ads across multiple platforms/channels.
The purpose of this solicitation is to select one firm to conduct all aspects of the marketing plan as detailed in the Scope of Services below.
This Request for Proposal (RFP), plus the resulting agreement, shall be consistent with, and governed by the Act, the Virginia Public Procurement Act (VPPA).
SCOPE OF SERVICES
The Company Shall, in Proving to be Qualified for this Project:
• Have an established record of designing tourism ad campaigns and media plans, as well as implementing and managing those media plans,
• Provide a sample list of various media companies with which they have professional relationships, and,
• Include a general project timeline for this project.
The Company Shall Deliver the Following:
1) A multi-platform/channel media plan to be reviewed and approved by the WFCCVB, to include: a. Print outlets, such as magazines and newspapers,
b. Online such as banner ads, preferably with motion,
c. Social media (Facebook and Instagram) creatively using the design functionality of each platform,
d. Video of pre-roll and OTT quality,
e. At least one OOH option, such as billboards,
2) Modification of verbiage and imagery to focus on seasonality and geo/demographic placement of ads, still using the developed “Uncommon to the Core” core campaign.
3) Placement of the media in the approved outlets. The Company shall be expected to direct place the ads.
4) Identify video and photographic needs for the entirety of this contract and arrange/direct asset collection on location in Winchester and Frederick County. No stock imagery shall be used for this campaign, and the Company shall make every effort to use local models.
1) Travel expenses, overnight accommodations and meals during visits for asset collections and other various requirements of the contracted services are the responsibility of the Company.
2) The successful contract will be awarded based on best value (quality of portfolio, experience and price) as decided by the Marketing Committee of the Winchester-Frederick County Tourism Board. Lowest price does not necessarily guarantee awarding of contract.
3) Ownership of copyright of any and all modified components of the ad campaign, to include raw and b-roll video clips and photography used in the ads, shall transfer to the WFCCVB upon final payment.
4) All non-video design files shall be in layered digital format, for example .eps or layered .pdf, InDesign or layered Photoshop with source files, such that further revisions or modifications do not require the services of the Company.
5) The City of Winchester shall act as fiscal agent for the WFCCVB
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS:
1. RFP Distribution May 1, 2022
2. Proposal Submissions Due (Part I) June 1 at 2:00 P.M. local time
3. Interviews (If necessary) June 2022
4. Award of Contract TBD
Four (4) copies of the proposal and an electronic copy in .pdf format are to be submitted in a sealed envelope bearing the Offerors company name, mailing address, the RFP name, the RFP number, and the date/time due to :
City of Winchester
Finance Department – Purchasing Division
15 North Cameron Street, 4th Floor – Rouss City Hall
Winchester, Virginia 22601
BY: Michael Marzullo, CPPB