The economic development offices for Caroline County, Dorchester County, and Talbot County, in cooperation with the Mid-Shore Regional Council, seek the services of an experienced marketing and content creation consulting firm to develop a comprehensive marketing plan and brand for a Mid-Shore regional marketing initiative. The goal of this marketing plan is to showcase opportunities for economic prosperity with a relaxed Chesapeake lifestyle in the tri-county region by designing a creative website featuring aggregated economic data and information, developing a content strategy to publish work highlighting the opportunities here in the Mid- Shore, and designing an easily recognizable brand.
The Mid-Shore Regional Marketing Plan will support a regional identity by serving as a platform to aggregate regional economic data and information, targeted to a business attraction audience. Furthermore, the plan will articulate how to leverage the Mid-Shore area’s competitive advantages for attracting and retaining a quality workforce. The creative content will focus on the region’s assets to raise awareness and promote the Mid-Shore as a livable, viable, and prosperous area. This Request for Proposal is specifically related to the initial phase of a multiple phase project to develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive marketing plan. The consulting firm will evaluate and expand on the ideas of the intended audience attributes listed below to develop a content creation strategy and distribution method. Furthermore, the firm will identify assets and make recommendations for a brand identity.
Intended audience attributes:
• The Creative Class
• Experienced workers
• Individuals with disposable income
• Individuals wanting to retire here but who will remain in workforce for next 5 to 15 years
• Outdoor Enthusiasts
• Knowledge workers (Engineers, Scientists, Accountants, and others)
• Low crime
• Easy commute
• Urban amenities, easy lifestyle
• Proximity to Washington D.C., Annapolis, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Wilmington, Salisbury
• Proximity to beaches
• Low average housing costs
• Waterfront housing
• Friendly and caring community
• Healthy kids
• Quality childcare
• Nice, safe place to retire
• Access to various health provider networks
• Public and private schools
• Ability to be near extended family
• Job opportunities for next generations
• Opportunities for volunteering and philanthropy
• Career advancement
• Miles of shoreline
• Recreational opportunities
Scope of Work:
The Scope of Work includes the development of a comprehensive marketing plan that highlights identified assets from the Mid-Shore and articulates a content strategy to raise awareness of economic opportunities for both residents and prospective residents. Content needs to also reflect the Mid-Shore’s desire to attract job seekers from the Mid-Shore, Baltimore-Washington, D.C. corridor, and nationwide.
Tasks that will be required by the consultant include:
• Attend six (6) local meetings, including some with stakeholders, to develop brand identity and marketing plan.
• Provide comprehensive definition of marketing audience.
• Provide comprehensive list of region’s asset as it pertains to attraction and retention of quality workforce.
• Develop creative content strategy that aggregates relevant information from Caroline, Dorchester, and Talbot counties.
• Develop Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy for ensuring high web and social media traffic.
• Identify the most appropriate ways to communicate the aggregated information to the targeted audiences and via specific technologies and media.
• Create a common visual graphic identity and recommend design and color scheme for the marketing campaign.
• Evaluate and recommend a range of technologies such as web site, smart phone app, etc. to assist interpretive delivery.
• Identify priorities for implementation of each interpretive element.
• Develop a brand (name, logo, theme, and tagline) that effectively communicates the Mid- Shore Region as a place to work and live.
April 23rd, 2018
Mid-Shore Regional Council
8737 Brooks Drive #101
Easton, MD 21601
Top Public Relations News:
PRCA Announces New Fellowships for Consulting
Richmond Redevelopment Issues RFP For Public Affairs/Media Relations Firm
Northern Liberties Business Improvement District Issues Market Research RFP
Personal Profile Startup About.me is Acquired by AOL
Profile of Nelson Bostock Unlimited
Santa Clara Valley Seeking Social Media Firm & PR Agency
How Will Free Agency Reshape the NFL?
With Social Media, the Proof Is in the Payoff
The Facebook Effect: Strategies That Work for People-Brands
4 Qualities to Look For In Management