Midland College District Issues RFP For Marketing/Advertising Services
Midland College is seeking proposals from qualified firms for branding, marketing and advertising services in accordance with the Scope of Work specified in this Request for Proposal (RFP). A qualified applicant will have a proven track record for creative excellence in brand development and execution. They will be able to demonstrate experience and expertise in forming strategic partnerships with public-sector organizations, especially institutions of higher education. The agency will have proven success in conceiving and executing large-scale advertising and marketing projects. They will be viable, professionally organized, well versed in communicating in a variety of media and have the ability to tell the Midland College story clearly, persuasively and creatively.
Originally part of the Permian Junior College District, Midland College (MC) was established as an independent community college in 1972 and held its first classes in 1975. The main campus sits on 224 acres with off-site locations within Midland County and a branch campus, the Williams Regional Technical Training Center in Fort Stockton. Midland College is a two-year institution offering both workforce and traditional college courses. The College offers associate degrees and certificates of training, as well as two baccalaureate degrees.
The College’s comprehensive curriculum includes credit courses, workforce development programs, adult education special programs (GED), as well as corporate and community based non-credit instruction. Today, Midland College has approximately 5000 students. The campus has the latest in teaching technologies in its classrooms, modern research facilities and student housing. Athletic programs consist of six men’s and women’s teams. The men’s teams include basketball, baseball and golf. Women’s teams include basketball, softball and volleyball.
Target markets include:
- High school students and recent high school graduates seeking a degree and/or certificate for a trade or occupation. High school students and recent high school graduates seeking transfer to a four-year university to obtain a higher degree.
- Parents of high school students and recent high school graduates.
- Adult learners seeking new career opportunities and professional development, adult basic education/GED preparation or personal enrichment for themselves or their children/grandchildren.
- Businesses seeking training/certificates for their workers.
- Community engagement to advocate and support college initiatives and development.
Scope of Work:
The selected agency will provide services related to the MC’s strategic marketing communications needs in the areas of brand planning and execution.
Midland College goals and objectives:
- Support recruitment, retention, completion and student success.
- Develop and project the image of Midland College as a good community partner and neighborhood center.
- Increase awareness of specific programs and services.
Current Advertising Themes: #StartStriveSucceed and Midland College is YOUR College.
The following sections outline in detail the services that Agency will provide to support these initiatives. Professional services will include but are not limited to:
- Brand Planning and Account Management Services
- Provide strategic brand insight and direction that pertain to marketing and communications.
- As requested write, create, prepare, and submit for Client’s approval, advertising concepts, rough layouts, rough storyboards, photostats, paste-ups, mechanicals as needed.
- Provide market research, analysis and counsel as needed.
- Creative Services – develop and execute:
- Creation of a marketing plan. Plan should be supported by market research and analysis.
- Media buying, placement and monitoring.
- Broadcast/Television/Radio/Social Media/Print production.
- Projects including re-edits/retagging.
- Scope will cover conceptual/development, testing and research, revisions based on learning/feedback, internal presentations and selling to Client advertising team.
- Management of all talent and music contracts, including licensing, holding fees and residual payments.
- Coordination of traffic and dubbing.
- Coordination and management of production team.
Barbara Fennell, Director of Purchasing
3600 N. Garfield, PAD 120
Midland, Texas 79705