Msunduzi Municipality Seeks Public Relations Agency
Scope of Work:
- Proposing approaches and operating models including Marketing & Communications Policy & Processes.
- Development of a Comprehensive Integrated Marketing, Communications, Media and Public Relations Strategy.
- Implementation of the Comprehensive Integrated Marketing, Communications, Media and Public Relations Strategy.
- Review and graphic designing of the Website Framework Media Liaison and Management
- Issuing of weekly media statements Coordinating media briefings Updating media database
- Establishing strong and reliable relations with media houses Managing social media and regular updates
- Facilitating and coordinating exclusive interviews with media houses
- Production of Msunduzi News and Internal newsletter
- Providing Website Content Management
- Speech writing for Leadership and other additional content for various publications (internal and external) a maximum of 5 speeches per month
Providing media audits:
- Monitoring media coverage and reporting in all media;
- Outlining both the favourable and unfavourable media coverage received by Msunduzi municipality
- Making available media coverage daily (before 8am everyday), weekly (every Monday) and monthly media reports (at the end of the month).
- Providing access to extract daily reports in MS Excel via Web based or Online (internet) – login be given to at least users within the municipality (i.e. Mayor, Municipal Manager and Communications Manager).
Events Activations and Management as per Municipality’s Calendar of events:
- Brand Strategy Assessment & Development
- Producing creative print and digital commercials for projects/programmes/departments within the municipality, linked to all the Calendar of Events.
- Designing and printing of diaries, calendars, posters, banners, invitations etc.
- Developing Quarterly Impact Assessment Report
- Undertaking Marketing & Communications monthly internal assessment and reporting
- Developing External Reporting Newsletter and information brochure
- Providing content and editorial services emanating from municipal meetings, functions and all municipal engagements.
- Drafting, editing and designing the newsletter and allow for proofing of the tabloid size of a 16 pager newsletter, quarterly.
- Establishing a look & feel for all corporate communication that can be carried through onto the individual elements.Le. Annual Report, calendars, brochures, adverts.
- Conceptualisation and doing graphic design services for all calendars of events and any other Government event.
- Designing and placement of newspaper adverts in municipal newspaper of choice, black & white, twice a month.
- Compiling, design and placement of an A4, colour advertorial in legacy publications.
- Compiling, design, layout and printing of IDP document, Size A5 booklet, 200pages, Cover 200grms with UV spot at 50%, inside 128grms gloss, four colour process throughout, perfect bound finish.
- Recording and placing 30sec commercials to run for one week per month in uKhozi FM, uMgungundlovu FM, Capital104FM, SA FM and other media houses and further negotiating the costs with various broadcast stations.
Profiling of the Msunduzi municipality:
- Public Relations
- Crises Communication
- Brand Identity
- Highlighting achievements and successful projects done by the Municipality i.e. to both internal and external stakeholders
- Alignment of internal and external stakeholders
- Promoting Msunduzi Municipality’s good story and rich cultural heritage
- Re-positioning and focusing the public’s attention to Pietermaritzburg as the Capital City of the Province
- Creating a deliberate positive awareness campaign, around the Msunduzi Municipality’s core function and brand, in correlation with its Communications Department
- Ensuring that the municipality’s achievements are echoed in the mainstream media, not only on local news platforms
- Enhancing visibility of the Municipality in the press and electronic media so as to influence public perceptions about the municipality and thereby managing public perceptions.
- Managing and coordinating media, invites, enquiries and counter bad press with strategic damage control-tactics so as to minimize the effect of negative reports.
- Development of a branding Manual.
169 Chief Albert Luthuli Street (Commercial Road)
Agencies to consider for this assignment include Cohn & Wolfe.