The National Black MBA Association, Inc. (NBMBAA®), a non-profit, 501(c)(3) professional membership organization which leads in the creation of educational opportunities and economic growth for African American professional through higher education has issued a marketing RFP.
Established in 1970, the National Black MBA Association® is dedicated to developing partnerships that result in the creation of intellectual and economic wealth in the black community. In partnership with more than 300 of the country’s top business organizations, the association has inroads into a wide range of industries as well as the public and private sector. The organization gains its strength from a strong belief in community and a commitment to development through economic and educational initiatives that support the global African American community.
In order to facilitate the execution of its vision and mission, National Black MBA Association® is requesting a proposal for the respondent to provide support the National Black MBA Association’s vision, mission and operations on a national basis. The search will result in the selection of a full-service marketing agency that will serve as an advisor and executioner to raise brand awareness that strengthens the associations market position, operations, performance improvement, and key constituent engagement. NBMBAA® will provide strategic direction for print and digital marketing, public relations, social media, website, and mobile application. The agency relationship will include, leveraging the brand (local and national), targeting/segmenting key constituents, implementing a vertical market strategy, implementing a social media and mobile app strategy, general marketing, graphic design, content development, and website enhancements.
Required services will include development and implementation of comprehensive marketing communications plans, corporate identity, content development, graphic design, direct marketing and promotional campaigns, event marketing, community and public relations outreach for multiple audiences, media planning and placement, conceptual development and production of promotional brochures (including) sales kits, advertorials, premium, newsletters and other collateral material, conceptual development and production of electronic media campaigns, TV, video, radio, web and e-commerce communications, website enhancement, and flexibility and availability to meet at location designated by NBMBAA® within a week of being called upon.
- National Conference (Events) – Each year (September), the NBBAA® holds its Annual Conference and Symposium which attracts nearly 10,000 members and non-members, exhibitors, sponsors and guests. The annual event will require development of brand, marketing strategy, email marketing and graphic design (social media marketing graphics, website graphics, graphics for the convention guide, press conference execution, etc.).
- Leaders of Tomorrow® Leadership Summit® (LOT®). This is a four-day training event for high school students designed to help develop real world critical thinking and problem-solving skills by addressing a business case study. This event will require development of brand, marketing strategy and graphic design as well.
- Communications, Marketing and Public Relations Strategy- NBMBAA® has a variety of campaigns and programs that will require marketing and communications support. The projects include but are not limited to:
- Promote a call to action of the LOT® Endowment & Capital Campaign.
- Review #IAMBLACKMBA® Campaign and determine best overarching strategy for the association.
- Launch exploratory programs targeting undergraduates/graduate students at schools, etc.
- Increase awareness of the Leaders of Tomorrow® Program and other key programs as designed and executed.
- Membership Campaign
- Develop innovative and exciting membership campaigns to encourage NBMBAA’s members to renew and retain their memberships and for potential members to join.
- Create focused email messages around joining NBMBAA®
- Distribute content driven newsletters to build rapport with NBMBAA®
- Develop strategies to make membership renewals as seamless as possible.
- Create video campaigns and testimonials of current members and highlight why being a NBMBAA® member is important.
- Help grow NBMBAA® membership across the country.
- Social Media Strategy
- Build upon NBMBAA’s current social media strategy and increase NBMBAA’s social media presence with members, sponsors, donors and other stakeholders.
- Expand online impact through followers, blog posts, responses, connection to other players in the field, etc.
- Create a robust social media environment that will bring funders to NBMBAA® and enhance fundraising environment in social media.
- Website Refinement and Updates
- Analyze and review current website infrastructure and current layout and recommend changes to ensure optimal foundation to build upon
- Chapter Dashboard & Reporting refinement
- Key Measures of Success
- Provide monthly analytics to determine impact/success of marketing initiatives across all channels.
- Additional Project Support
- Graphic development support
- Powerpoint presentations
- Social awareness key messaging
Proposal submission via freight courier and electronic submission by September 21 to:
Attn: Rita Parker
Vice President, Marketing & Communications
400 West Peachtree Street, NW
Atlanta, Georgia 30308
Top Public Relations News:
Why Delegation Is Vital for Entrepreneurs
Berkeley Communications: Enhancing Brand Reputations & Driving Sales
Guardians of the Galaxy Uses Curiosity to Overcome Credulity
Samsung had a great 2016 — really!
Social Media Boot Camp Courtesy of the ARMY
State of Kansas Issues Advertising and Marketing RFP
Becker Back in the Headlines for all the Wrong Reasons
Pot vs Booze – the PR of vice
Save Barton Creek Association Issues Website RFP
APCO PR: Cold Steel Tool of Big Business