New Mexico Tourism Department has issued an RFP to find a public relations firm of record for a possible three year engagement commencing January 2016, with an annual estimated budget of $100,000 dollars.
According to the RFP, New Mexico “seeks a well-qualified media and public relations firm with a proven track record to develop and execute an aggressive, innovative public relations campaign in the United States to create an engaging and authentic platform to talk about the Brand, ignite top of mind awareness of New Mexico as a premier travel destination that offers “adventure steeped in culture,” and to motivate “venturesome travelers” to choose New Mexico for their next great travel experience.
A successful pr campaign will “ignite a top of mind awareness of New Mexico as a premier travel destination that offers “adventure steeped in culture,” and to motivate “venturesome travelers” to choose New Mexico for their next great travel experience.
Among those tasks to include:
- Expand awareness of New Mexico as a travel destination by developing and executing an annual media relations plan that includes a schedule of recommended editorial and promotional activities within each target market
- Provide crisis communications consultation and support, as needed
- Manage an aggressive, proactive media relations campaign by developing and pitching story ideas that reinforce the Brand and point of difference as a destination that offers “adventures steeped in culture.”
- Strategically pitch, select and secure top journalists in key markets to visit various destinations in New Mexico for maximum media exposure. These journalists will have a good record of tourism and travel-related articles produced in reputable media publications, and will be able to provide samples of their work, if requested
- Sustain visibility through creative integrated public relations initiatives
- Develop and execute imaginative, out-of-the-box, strategies for generating publicity (stunts, guerilla tactics) that invite participation and engage a conversation.
Inquiries – and the RFP – may be submitted to Billie Neese at email@example.com and proposals are due by November 29th
Top Public Relations News:
Michael Douglas fights harassment claims
PR Predictions From Temple University & Others
EDUCATION TRUST BOARD OF NEW MEXICO Issues Advertising RFP
Marketing and Why Wu-Tang is Only Releasing One Copy of Their New Album
Social Media RFP Issued By UNDP
General Electric and the future of Big Data
BC Assessment issues Media Analysis RFP
Zuckerberg accused of hate speech
From Intern to Account Executive: How to Grow a Career in PR
State of Indiana Issues Integrated Marketing RFP