The Jackson County Tourism Development Authority (JCTDA) is requesting proposals for an advertising and marketing agency of record. Cashiers, Cherokee, Dillsboro, Sylva, Balsam, Cullowhee, Glenville and Sapphire make up Western North Carolina’s Jackson County, a place of lofty peaks, rushing water and spectacular scenery. Each of these Blue Ridge Mountain towns provide rich natural beauty that invites visitors to experience the idyllic North Carolina Mountains. Explore miles of hiking trails surrounded by unspoiled forests or discover the area’s shopping, dining, culture, and hometown atmosphere. Experience the thrill of river rafting and tubing or the more laid back adventures of fly fishing, boating, golf, or a scenic drive on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
For more information, visit www.MountainLoversNC.com.
The scope of work is designed to outline the responsibility for effectively authoring and managing the Jackson County Tourism Development’s Advertising and Marketing strategy.
It will include but not be limited to the following:
- Creation of research-based strategies and recommendations
- Development of an annual Marketing Plan to encompass all forms of advertising
- Facilitate media planning and buying
- Manage media leads program and facilitate delivery of leads to Chambers for fulfillment
- Integration of appropriate research programs and analytical tools to measure and report on the impact of executed media strategies and tactics
- Frequent and regular communication with TDA Director, Chairman, Marketing Chair and other partner agencies (social media, public relations and Chambers)
- Client management with in-person meetings, regular conference calls and face-to-face presentations at quarterly sessions
- Conduct ongoing evaluations of current programs and new media opportunities
- Determine an efficient and effective media mix of online and print advertising and recommend appropriate media to pursue
- Provide monthly analytics, current trends, market developments and optimization recommendations
The Jackson County Tourism Development Authority’s annual budget for FY 15-16 is $828,000 of which approximately $300,000 is appropriated for media planning and placement. The budget includes all campaign elements, including planning, agency fees, production, events, technology, paid media, etc. The media budget for FY 16-17 is still in development but should be in line with the previous fiscal year.
Proposals are due by April 1, 2016 to:
Nick Breedlove, Director
Jackson County Tourism Development Authority
PO Box 990
Dillsboro, NC 28725
Top Public Relations News:
Cure Urgent Care Prepared For Possible Ebola Cases
Washington Apple Commission Seeking Consumer Research Agency
Technology Information for Saving Marketers
The Women’s Board of The Boys’ Club of New York Is Seeking A PR Agency
BRANDING, GRAPHIC DESIGN, WEBSITE DESIGN RFP ISSUED
SC Department of Parks, Recreation & Tourism Issues Market Research RFP
Writing an Automated Email Campaign
City of Lincoln/Lancaster County Health Issues Digital Media RFP
Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation Issues Market Research RFP
SUNY Alfred State College Issues Marketing RFP