North County Transit District Issues RFP For Lobbying Services
The North County Transit District (NCTD) seeks proposals for State Lobbying Services. The NCTD vision is to build an integrated transit system that enables our customers to travel easily and efficiently throughout our growing region.
On September 20, 1975, California Senate Bill 802 created the North San Diego Transit Development Board (NSDCTDB), which was renamed the North County Transit District (NCTD) in January 2006. NCTD was created to plan, construct, and operate, either directly or through a contractor, the public transit systems in its area of jurisdiction. NCTD serves San Diego County from Camp Pendleton Marine Corps Base south and east to the cities of Escondido, San Marcos, Vista, Oceanside, Carlsbad, Encinitas, Solana Beach, and Del Mar as well as unincorporated parts of the County. The total population of NCTD’s 1,020 square mile geographic area is approximately 849,000. Within this geographic area, NCTD provides transit services in 403 square miles. NCTD’s family of services include BREEZE buses, FLEX specialized transportation, LIFT ADA-paratransit, COASTER commuter rail, and SPRINTER hybrid rail.
NCTD’s Adopted FY 2018 Operating Budget was $105.5 million with a Capital Improvement Program of $15.3 million.
NCTD mission is to deliver safe, convenient, reliable, and user-friendly public transportation services.
The NCTD vision is to build an integrated transit system that enables our customers to travel easily and efficiently throughout our growing region. We will achieve our mission and vision by:
- Placing service to our customers first
- Ensuring safety and security of our customers and employees
- Delivering high-quality transit services
- Developing and maintaining facilities that sustain and promote current and future transportation services
- Securing adequate revenue, protecting our assets, and securing the maximum return on the public investment
- Working in partnership with our communities and stakeholders
- Encouraging innovation, creativity, and leadership
Scope of Work:
It is anticipated that as a result of this RFP, one contract will be awarded to provide legislative program management, monitoring of legislation with at least monthly reporting regarding legislation of interest to NCTD, and representation services at the State level. The Scope of Work shall include the following:
- Contractor shall provide representation services, as directed by NCTD, including potential legislative and/or regulatory changes.
- Contractor shall assist in coordination and communication with State governmental and regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the California Department of Transportation, California Transportation Commission, and California Public Utilities Commission, upon request by NCTD.
- Contractor shall develop and/or review written communication with State governmental and regulatory agencies, including but not limited to the California Department of Transportation, California Transportation Commission, and California Public Utilities Commission, upon request by NCTD.
- Contractor will suggest to NCTD those issues or bills where representation and presentation of NCTD’s position would be in its best interest.
- Contractor shall assist NCTD in the drafting and review of potential legislation and/or proposed legislative modifications and discretionary grant applications.
- Contractor shall develop strategies to successfully implement NCTD’s legislative programs and acquire funding for NCTD projects.
- NCTD may request Contractor to monitor bills on a discretionary basis.
- Monitoring shall include all proposed California State legislation of interest to NCTD from inception to approval or demise.
- Monitoring shall include State legislation in both the State Senate and State Assembly.
- During the legislative session, reports will be submitted to NCTD bi-weekly, indicating bill number, author, subject, status, and amendments with an evaluation of such pending bills to determine the potential impacts on NCTD.
- Contractor shall provide a report at the end of each legislative session that details the impact and legislative requirements of bills that are enacted.
- Upon request, Contractor shall provide presentations to boards or committees. Cost for travel associated with these presentations will be reimbursed by NCTD.
STATE LOBBYING SERVICES – RFP No. 27623
Attn: ALESIA ATKINSON, SPCO
810 Mission Avenue
Oceanside, CA 92054
Lobbying firms include APCO Worldwide and MWWPR.