North Van Arts, also known as the North Vancouver Community Arts Council, has taken the lead on a project to map the cultural assets of the North Shore of Vancouver including the District of North Vancouver, the City of North Vancouver, the District of West Vancouver, and the lands of the Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh Nations. Information about the cultural assets within the three municipalities and two First Nations will be compiled into a free, online, GIS driven, interactive mapping tool that will become a hub for North Shore arts and culture. This tool is intended for residents, tourists and visitors, organizations, planners, developers, businesses and the cultural sector. It will help build audiences, drive tourism, fill gaps, and encourage partnerships to better highlight our rich cultural diversity.
North Van Arts invites proposals from Metro Vancouver-based businesses/companies to develop a robust marketing strategy, brand awareness and communications plan that would help identify key marketing priorities and elements that would be implemented over the next couple of years. Your submission will help to inform the basis for a contract between your business/company and North Van Arts. We encourage Indigenous companies and those representing culturally diverse communities to submit.
North Van Arts, founded in 1969 as The North Vancouver Community Arts Council, is a grassroots, social-profit, charitable cultural organization dedicated to maximizing the intrinsic value of the arts in all media.
OUR MANDATE IS TO ENABLE EMERGING AND PROFESSIONAL ARTISTS IN ALL DISCIPLINES, TO BRIDGE CULTURES, AND TO BUILD STRONG AND HEALTHY COMMUNITIES THROUGH THE ARTS.
Located in CityScape Community Art Space, the organization consists of a volunteer Board of Directors, an Executive Director and support staff, and over 100 dedicated volunteers. Our membership is over 500 strong and includes individuals, students, seniors, families, cultural groups and businesses.
Scope of Work:
● The development of an integrated marketing campaign, branding, including assistance
● A strategy for print and digital media placement that targets identified users, using efficient and cost effective marketing tactics and tools
● Creation and execution of an advertising and social media campaign that is compelling and appealing to potential users
● Support collaboration and information sharing between North Van Arts, the project advisors, partners, as well as cultural assets themselves
● Effectively align marketing plans with our partners, and key assets in the region
● Provide detailed analytical reports for digital and social media campaigns
*Note the project may be extended and enhanced up to May 2021 based on a successful funding application currently being assessed. We will know the results of our application in March 2019.
● Provide a recommended strategy to implement a marketing plan including details on the proposed methods used to plan, develop and execute campaigns. This plan must also include details on specific, measurable, attainable, realistic and time-based goals and measurable outcomes, conceptual planning through completion (including timeframes), recommended media purchase plan (digital, print, online), and supporting documentation for recommended media outlets.
Strategy and Execution
● Integration or connection with North Van Art’s website, which will be linked to the stand alone website for the North Shore Culture Map (name/
● Develop a social media strategy that makes recommendations to effectively attract and retain various users on channels include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube
● Recommendation templates, layout, design and execution of direct email campaigns Creative Services – Production of Collateral and Advertising Materials
● Creation of logo / word marks and other graphics for social media, print, advertising, websites
● Assist with the production of print materials including postcards/rack cards, brochures, posters
● Design and develop ads and ad graphics for various publications, transit ads, site specific, websites, etc.
● Print media including newspaper, publications/magazines, directories
● Direct marketing including mail, e-newsletters, and print Media Placement Services Strategy and Execution
● Strategy, implementation and placement for print, digital, and broadcast media in identified target markets up to December 31, 2020.
● Liaison with printers and other suppliers/vendors
● Supply creative briefs and press releases for launch events and outreach, as required
January 11th, 2019.
Agencies worth considering include Zeno Group and Kwittken PR.
Top Public Relations News:
Clackamas County Seeks Search Engine Marketing Agency
News From M. Booth, Brunswick, Rubenstein PR And Omnicom PR Firms
City of Lincoln/Lancaster County Health Issues Digital Media RFP
Top 100 PR Websites and Resources
Cutler PR Lands Three New Clients, Hires Key Talent in New York
Highwire Public Relations: Agency Profile
Longwood University Seeks Crisis Communications Firm
LEWIS PR: LEWIS LIVE, Social Media Releases Platform
Public Relations For Terrorists & PR Report On Working in PR For Dictators
World Bank Group Seeks Consumer Marketing Agency