NY Seeks Ad Agency For Alcoholism and Substance Abuse
The New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) intends to contract with a vendor to provide their expertise in developing a comprehensive public awareness and advertising campaign to address substance use disorder with a focus on addiction, New York State treatment and support services and that people can live a life in recovery.
Target Audience: Adults 30-64 and Young Adults 18-30
The OASAS oversees one of the nation’s largest addiction services systems with nearly 1,600 prevention, treatment and recovery programs. OASAS chemical dependence treatment programs assist about 100,000 people a day and approximately 260,000 individuals every year. OASAS
- Provides accessible, cost-effective quality services;
- Strengthens communities, schools and families through prevention;
- Improves lives through treatment
- Meets individual needs through specialized services;
- Fosters partnerships for improved services;
- Links programs with research to improve results;
- Plans for the future to improve and strengthen prevention and treatment;
- Promotes a productive, well-trained workforce; and
- Provides hope for happier, productive lives.
OASAS plans, develops and regulates the State’s system of chemical dependence and gambling treatment agencies. This includes the direct operation of 12 Addiction Treatment Centers, which provide in-patient rehabilitation services to 8,000 persons per year. The agency inspects and monitors the nearly 1,000 chemical dependence programs to guarantee quality of care and to ensure compliance with state and national standards.
The Office also monitors gambling and substance use and abuse trends in the State; provides a comprehensive education and prevention program through more than 200 school- and community-based providers; promotes public awareness and citizen involvement through community action groups; pursues state, federal and private sources of funding for services; links clients served by other agencies and within the criminal justice system to addiction services; provides education and training for persons dealing with clients; and administers the credentialing of alcoholism and substance abuse counselors as well as prevention practitioners and prevention specialists.
OASAS is the single designated State agency responsible for the coordination of State-federal relations in the area of addiction services.
Scope of Work:
The campaign shall include the following within the two-year timeframe, based on OASAS’ need/requests:
- 5 comprehensive campaigns should be created and implemented in English and Spanish;
- Each campaign should be unique and may include a variety of marketing channels. These channels may include, but are not limited to, 30-second video spots, 30-second audio spots, digital spots for various audiences, social media spots, out-of-home (billboards, mass transit, subway/railway/ferry, bus cards, sporting events, targeted TV/radio programs);
- All campaigns must be in Spanish and English;
- The vendor should include a mechanism for different regions to customize and utilize campaign materials;
- The vendor must be able to modify and adjust messages throughout the year and develop seasonal and time sensitive messaging;
- The vendor should be prepared to provide assurance to meet the deliverables;
- NYS OASAS will provide final approvals on all campaign materials;
- The vendor will work with NYS OASAS and NYS contracted media buyer on placements and required specifications;
- The vendor must be willing to customize materials for different regions if necessary;
Bureau of Fiscal Administration
New York State Office of Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Services
1450 Western Avenue, 5th floor
Albany, NY 12203
Subject: OASAS Project No. 17115
NY PR firms include Rubenstein PR and Rubenstein Associates.