Ontario & Finger Lakes Community College Seeks PR & Marketing Agency
Ontario County and Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC) are seeking support for external communication activities as identified in the Shared Services Plan developed for 2018. The County and College have identified the objective of this Request for Proposal to obtain the professional services of a qualified public relations and marketing individual or agency to provide and assist with strategic communications and interactive communications (social media) and special promotions.
Ontario County government was established in 1789 and has approximately 800 employees involved in a wide range of government functions and services including law enforcement, emergency management, County Court, County Jail, planning, social services, public and mental health services, road and sewer construction and maintenance, buildings and grounds maintenance, parks, and general office/administration.
Finger Lakes Community College:
Finger Lakes Community College (FLCC) was established in 1965 as part of the State of New York (SUNY) system. The College’s main campus of more than 250 acres is based in Canandaigua, additionally, the College also has campus centers in Victor, Geneva, and Newark and a conservation field station located on Honeoye Lake.
The College offers more than 40 academic degree and certificate programs with the addition of honors studies, a winter session and minimesters, online and hybrid, travel and expedition courses, internships, high school dual-credit programs, non-credit and workforce training offerings, and Adult Basic Education/GED programs. In fall of 2017 FLCC enrolled 6,356 full and part-time students and employed 693 full and part-time faculty and staff.
Scope of Work:
For Ontario County:
- Press release support for any “real time” event as well as scheduled events and special targeted messages about county government.
- Develop a strategy to increase social media use to communicate information most efficiently to diverse demographic and all age groups.
- Collaborate with county staff to develop a plan to communicate about news with the Ontario County Landfill to county residents (special events, work status, odor or other issues).
- Develop opportunities to expand the eco-hero program.
- Development of multi-media campaigns: planning, identify goals, establish key statements, and determine tactics and timeliness, summarization of assessments and management of the same.
- Multi-media advertisement placement and/or outreach through various media avenues which will include multi-cultural media avenues and will include translating brochures and other print media in required number of languages.
- Securing the most advantageous rates available for countywide campaigns.
- Incorporation of appropriate logos, tag lines, etc. into all campaign materials
- Countywide media coverage
- Effectiveness measures/outcome studies
- Work under short timeframes
- Provide credentials as requested and/or required for each request based upon scope/need
- Target to all segments of society
- Graphic design, ranging from the use of templates to full creative services
- Information gathering for press releases, social media and other uses
- Press release writing, including verification and approvals
- Information distribution – largely events sharing through external online calendars run by chambers, tourism bureaus and media organizations
December 21st, 2017
ONTARIO COUNTY PURCHASING
20 Ontario Street
Canandaigua, NY 14424