Public Relations Cannabis RFP Issued
High Tide is a retail-focused cannabis company enhanced by the manufacturing and distribution of consumption accessories. The Company is the most profitable Canadian retailer of recreational cannabis as measured by Adjusted EBIDTA, with 89 current locations spanning the Canadian provinces of Ontario, Alberta, Manitoba and Saskatchewan. High Tide’s retail segment features the Canna Cabana, KushBar, Meta Cannabis Co., Meta Cannabis Supply Co. and NewLeaf Cannabis banners, with additional locations under development across the country. High Tide has been serving consumers for over a decade through its numerous consumption accessory businesses including e-commerce platforms Grasscity.com, Smokecartel.com, CBDcity.com, FABCBD.com, Dailyhighclub.com and its wholesale distribution division under Valiant Distribution, including the licensed entertainment product manufacturer Famous Brandz.
As of June 2nd, 2021, High Tide became the first major publicly traded cannabis retailer to list on the Nasdaq under the ticker symbol “HITI”, while also retaining its listing on the TSX Venture Exchange under the symbol “HITI”. High Tide is looking to retain a reputable U.S. based public relations firm that has experience working with similar-sized publicly traded companies, to help develop and execute a communications strategy that will boost its profile with U.S. investor-focused media (TV, print, online), and include social media content and thought leadership plans aimed at building awareness amongst U.S. retail and institutional investor audiences.
The goals of this project include:
Enhanced corporate profile amongst U.S. institutional and retail investor audiences through:
- Senior Executive appearances or company references on mainstream business media like CNBC, Bloomberg Business, MarketWatch, Financial Times, CNNMoney, The Wall Street Journal, etc.
- Enhanced thought leadership profile for senior executives through U.S. based speaking opportunities and opinion pieces targeting investor audiences.
Scope of Work
- Working with the High Tide team, develop and facilitate an initial deep dive session to better understand High Tide’s history, strategic vision and corporate strategy.
- Develop an overarching corporate narrative document, including key messages, that will be used to frame social media content, pitch media and drive thought leadership.
- Develop a strategic communications plan that will outline key 3, 6 and 12- month milestones and will include a social media, thought leadership and media relations strategy to boost High Tide’s corporate profile with investor audiences.
- Provide ongoing U.S. media relations and social media support around major company press releases and executive thought leadership opportunities.
- Bi-weekly check in with High Tide Team to review progress against deliverables outlined in the strategic communications plan.
- Final proposals must be submitted by 5PM EST on Friday, July 30th, 2021.
All communications related to this RFP should be sent in writing to:
Senior Vice President for Corporate and Public Affairs Omar.firstname.lastname@example.org