The Raleigh Convention and Performing Arts Complex has issued an RFP for Public Relations services – they seek local and regional PR campaigns and project work on an as-needed basis, and partnering with internal City stakeholders as well as external organizations.
They seek an agency who can:
- Provide guidance on public relations strategies in conjunction with RCC sales, marketing and booking activities
- Provide strategies, take lead on, and maintain successful efforts across all social media platforms for the RCC
- Provide media relations guidance in collaboration with City of Raleigh Public Affairs and the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau on RCC news
The successful proposer shall coordinate all services under the Agreement with the RCC staff. The public relations initiatives may include:
- Develop strategies to tell RCC’s success story and remind audiences of its appeal
- Work with RCC staff to devise 10-12 press releases annually regarding RCC activities that invite public participation, as well as private events as dictated by staff and RCC customers.
- Use social media platforms to showcase events at RCC and associated venues and to highlight other assets that make Raleigh a desirable destination
- Leverage the potential power of partnerships and collaboration between RCC and like-minded groups — including the Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau, Downtown Raleigh Alliance, Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce and City of Raleigh
AUDIENCES & MESSAGES
Customers and Potential Customers
The RCC, surrounding facilities, surrounding downtown and region are exceptional and easily molded to accommodate a variety of events from sports to corporate meetings to exceptional galas.
- The staff and services supporting meetings are multi-faceted, award-winning and eager to please.
- The RCC is meeting/exceeding goals and benefiting the entire region from an economic growth perspective.
- The RCC welcomes you and your interests and, as an economic engine, support a bright future, and hosts multiple events that are open to the public that our citizens can enjoy.
- Work with staff to regularly update Facebook, Instagram and Twitter with items that position Raleigh as a strong meeting and events destination and that describe the RCC’s many offerings.
- Continue to build RCC’s base of followers.
- Collaborate with relevant partners — from Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau to the City to private businesses — when appropriate.
- Contribute to blogs and other efforts that will help to maintain a strong Web presence.
- Evolving strategies based on emerging trends in the hospitality industry, as well as local business influencers.
- Develop presentations for key staff.
- Press releases, pitches and other media outreach.
- Quick responses and crisis communications.
- Collaboration with Greater Raleigh Convention and Visitors Bureau, Downtown Raleigh Alliance, the Greater Raleigh Chamber of Commerce, the City and others when appropriate.
Proposals are due by March 11, 2016 and should be submitted to Barclay.Williams@raleighconvention.com – French-West Vaughan, Taylor PR and Fleishman Hillard all have offices in Raleigh, North Carolina.
Top Public Relations News:
Managing PR Spending Crisis in Government Agencies
Mercury Media Agency of Record for eDiets.com
M&P Сommunications: Information On Who Do Ukranians Trust?
Hartford Community College Issues Branding RFP
Facebook Launches “The Things That Connect Us”, First Agency Created Ad
Brockville City of 1000 Islands Issues Tourism RFP
New York State Insurance Fraud Seeks Ad Agency
Stay Away From Kwittken PR – Profiles on M18 PR & The Magrino Agency
City of Columbus Issues Marketing RFP
Public Works and Government Services of Canada Issues Advertising RFP