RFP Issued For Communications/Marketing/Media Relations Firm
Closing Date and Time: Thursday, July 7, 2022 @ 2:00 PM EST
All Inquiries For Information Should Be Directed To:
LaQuavial Pace, Procurement Manager
3432 W. 45th Street
West Palm Beach, Florida 33407
(561) 684-2160 x 107 (voice mail)
The Palm Beach County Housing Authority (PBCHA) acting for itself, instrumentalities
and/or affiliates is soliciting proposals from qualified, licensed, and insured entities for an
indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity (“IDIQ”) to provide
Communications/Marketing/Media Relations to the PBCHA. Proposals from
respondents may contemplate providing these services to PBCHA as individuals, firms,
or teams. The awarded continuing contracts will be for a base period of two (2) years with
an option to extend at the sole discretion of PBCHA. The services will be contracted as
individual task orders issued against the main contract and will include specific scopes of
work. Individual task orders must be awarded within the IDIQ contract term. If the duration
of a task order extends beyond the term of the IDIQ contract, the terms, and conditions
of the IDIQ contract will continue in effect through completion of the task order.
All Proposals submitted in response to this solicitation must conform to all the
requirements and specifications outlined within this document and any designated
attachments in its entirety.
Minority Business Enterprises, Woman Business Enterprises, Small Disadvantaged
Business Enterprises, and Section 3 business concerns are encouraged to respond to
The Palm Beach County Housing Authority (PBCHA) was created under Chapter 421 of
the Florida Statute, and first opened its doors on June 10th, 1969, to provide affordable
housing stock to low-income families through rental assistance programs: Housing
Choice Voucher and Public Housing. The Agency was formed as a Special District of the
State of Florida and plays an integral role in affordable supportive housing initiatives
countywide. The PBCHA asset portfolio consists of 428 public housing units, 148 nonsubsidized
units, and voucher programs which includes over 3,254 Housing Choice
Vouchers- inclusive of 419 Project Based Vouchers (PBV), 265 Mainstream Vouchers,
20 Foster Youth to Independence (FYI) Vouchers, and 15 Veterans Affairs Supportive
Housing (VASH) Vouchers and 85 Emergency Housing Vouchers. The PBCHA also
administers 250 Housing Opportunities for Persons with Aids (HOPWA) Vouchers.
PBCHA is led by a five –member Board of Commissioners and employs a staff of almost
50 people who are committed to bettering the lives of others.
III. STATEMENT OF NEEDS:
The Contractor(s) shall furnish all labor, supervision, equipment, tools, materials, and
incidentals necessary to provide Communications/Marketing/Media Relations and
Public Relations professional services for Palm Beach County Housing Authority
(PBCHA) and affiliated companies. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer,
the contractor(s) shall be expected to develop and implement communications and public
relations strategies that increase the public’s awareness of its activities and initiatives;
enhance its image among key stakeholders; and maximize media opportunities in local,
state, and national media markets.
Activities to include:
1. Developing an internal and external communications and messaging campaign
2. Preparing presentation materials to stakeholders.
3. Developing new Logo and branding items.
4. Prepare communications for pending relocation of main Office, including Open
5. Assign a liaison and central point of contact for client engagement.
6. On a as needed basis provide strategies and processes for crisis communications.
7. Draft press releases.
8. On a as needed basis provide draft CEO speeches for special events.
9. Increase name recognition, create a buzz, and position brands and individuals as
leaders by garnering press coverage online and in print, on radio and television,
and in interactive social media.
10. Strategic brand development for various departments and PBCHA non-profit
affiliates, with positioning statements, key messages, and taglines, and usage in
overall campaign for consistent messaging.
11. Strategize social media content mission based on PBCHA goals and objectives,
design a content marketing plan, and optimize performance and provide regulation
12. Develop key collateral materials that include annual reports, agency folders, lapel
pins, Letterhead, Envelopes, Business Cards, etc. Lead PBCHA in communicating
new office address by creating mailing notices, flyers, etc. to residents, vendors,
city, county, and state elected officials, business trade organizations such as
Chambers of Commerce, Business Development Boards, etc. and other
13. Assist in the development of strategic marketing materials, pictures, and press
clippings to be displayed in office environment.
14. Promote public awareness of PBCHA’s new office move and open house event,
housing programs and resident services programs.
15. Communication and education of residents and employees.
16. Provide monthly status report to PBCHA.
17. Coordinate with website contractor to update website with consistent and accurate
agency information to achieve exposure and track analytics.
18. Other marketing and communication services as required by PBCHA.
19. Please note that this listing is not exhaustive and any services that the respondent
may offer should be listed in your response so that PBCHA may consider during
evaluation and scoring.
1. In order to be considered for selection, offerors must submit a complete response
to this RFP. One (1) original and (5) copies of each proposal must be submitted to
PBCHA on or before closing date. Offerors must also include one digital copy on
flash drive or CD.
2. Proposals shall be received by 2:00 p.m. (EST) on Thursday, July 7, 2022, at
3432 W 45th Street, West Palm Beach, Fl 33407.
Proposals received after this date and time will be rejected. Copies of this Request
for Proposal are available electronically by visiting PBCHA’s website www.pbchafl.org under doing business with Palm Beach County Housing Authority or by contacting the
Contracting Office at 561-684-2160, ext. 107.
Respondents are required to submit One (1) original and five (5) copies of their
proposal submitted in accordance with this RFP to the address listed below:
Palm Beach County Housing Authority
ATTN.: LaQuavial Pace, Procurement Manager
West Palm Beach, FL 33407
All proposals shall contain the following identification clearly marked on the outside of
the sealed envelope:
Request for Proposal
Communications/Marketing/Media Relations Firm
Solicitation No. PBCHA-RFP-2022-15