The Planning Institute of British Columbia (PIBC) has initiated a “Request for Proposals” (RFP) process to identify a suitable vendor qualified to plan, execute, and deliver the redesign of the Institute’s website: www.pibc.bc.ca PIBC requires a vendor who has demonstrated experience in managing website projects and expertise with best practices regarding successful website design, development, and deployment.
As the professional association of planners in British Columbia and the Yukon, the Planning Institute of British Columbia (PIBC) has been dedicated to the advancement of the planning profession for nearly 60 years. PIBC is the westernmost affiliate of the Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) – the national association of professional planners. The Institute was incorporated in 1958 under the Society Act of British Columbia and currently has nearly 1,600 members.
Scope of Work:
The current PIBC website has been in place for more than seven years. Both the visual design and technical underpinnings of the website are in need of renewal and redesign. The primary goal of this project is to provide a redesigned website for PIBC that is visually appealing, technically up-to-date, and user-friendly. An overarching goal of the project is to increase engagement with PIBC members through visiting and using the website as a key resource.
Specific objectives of this redesign include:
• Responsiveness (e.g. compatibility with multiple devices, including mobile)
• Integration with social media
• Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
• Seamless integration with existing online membership database system (AMS)
• Compatibility with different media content (e.g. online video)
• Capability for interactive/dynamic content (e.g. online forums, blogs, newsfeeds etc.)
• Improved capability and management for online job postings, consultant listings, and resume postings
• Improved capability for online event postings and online calendar management
Shift Communications is owned by a Canadian holding company.
Top Public Relations News:
Palomar College Issues Digital Advertising RFP
Pinterest and Other Young Entrepreneurs on Inc.com’s “30 Under 30” List
PR Crisis Communications’ Fails and What Can Be Learned From Them
Indiana University of Pennsylvania Seeks Non-Digital Advertising Agency
IPRA Golden World Awards Launches Call for Entries
Nash County Residents Hire PR Help to Deal with Chicken Plant Location
Vibrant Brands’ Christopher Quereau on the New Frontier of Virtual Fundraising
Is the New York Times Apology to Donald Trump Too Little Too Late?
The Online Business of the E-Church Experience
Barnes & Noble Yanks Books After Kindle Fire Comics Deal