Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) Issues Creative Marketing RFP
RTS’ marketing and communications team strives to enable two-way conversations and understanding in order to meet the mobility needs of our customers and the community. Over the next 5 years, our goal is to bring to life the voices of our customers, our community and our employees as we introduce new innovated mobility products and services. RTS is looking for a creative marketing services firm to collaborate with us in order to promote, educate, inform and influence our customers, key stakeholders, employees and community through a variety of marketing communications tactics.
The Rochester Genesee Regional Transportation Authority (RGRTA) is a public benefit corporation and a component unit of the State of New York. Created in 1969 by an act of the State Legislature, the Authority is charged with the continuance, further development, and improvement of public transportation and other related services within the Genesee/Finger Lakes region.
Since 1969, membership in the Authority has grown to eight counties with a total land area of 4,350 square miles and population of approximately 1.2 million. Current member counties include Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, and Wyoming. RGRTA’s services encompass urban, suburban, and rural areas, as well as complementary paratransit service in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). RGRTA is the name of the authority overseeing operations, but is not be used in customer-facing communications to represent the various subsidiaries. Regional Transit Service (RTS) is the public facing name across our 8 county region. All subsidiaries, (with the exception of Monroe County) is identified by RTS and county name (Example: RTS Ontario). Monroe County is known simply has RTS. RTS Access is the public facing name for paratransit service in Monroe County.
Scope of Work:
CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT & STRATEGY:
- Advertising/Communications Strategy Concept & Messaging Development including but not limited to:
- Social Media
- Digital Marketing
- Traditional Marketing
- Traditional Communications
- Creative Tactics
OVERALL OVERSIGHT AND COORDINATION OF ASSIGNED TASKS:
- Contractor shall coordinate each project they are requested to perform by RGRTA. This includes coordinating with any of RGRTA’s existing contractors (ie- printer, ad agency, etc.) to ensure they have the finished content/files approved by RGRTA for publication or distribution.
- While RGRTA will likely rely on the contractor to provide all aspects of the project up to the coordination of the printing and ad buy as described above, there may be instances where the contractor may have to coordinate with a third-party photographer, Videographer, Wayfinding Specialists, etc.
COPY WRITING AND/OR GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES FOR THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
- Brand Standards & Guidelines Updates
- Brochures, Rack Cards
- Bus Schedules
- Customer Educational/How-To Materials
- Digital Advertisements
- Digital Signage
- Direct Mail/Letters
- Event Signage such as Pop Up Banners, Table Cloths, Banners, etc.
- General Posters
- On the Bus Posters
- Other items as requested or as needed
- Outdoor Advertising– Billboard and Posters
- Press Release / Media Kits
- Print Advertisements
- Product Logos/Naming Conventions
- Radio / Podcast Advertisements
- Rail Cards
- Shelter Posters
- Social Media
- Smart Cards
- Employee Training Materials
- Television Advertisements
- Transit Advertisements (Shelter/Bus)
- Vehicle Designs for Bus/Vans/Cars
- Other copywriting/graphic design services as requested
IDENTIFY, COORDINATE AND MANAGE OUTSOURCED TALENT:
- Identify and gather talent for video, photography & radio projects, including make-up and clothing, as requested.
- Script writing & production of videos through coordination with in-house or outsourced video production crew.
- Professional live video production for social media. RTS has not produced professional live videos for social media to date (only on a personal phone or tablet) but is interested in professional live videos in the future.
- Video marketing including:
- Animated Videos (Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=QTy1AIzwXWg)
- Videos with Live Talent (Example: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzLBXbDM3Zc&t=16s)
- Television Advertisements
- Other video services as requested.
- Video editing & production
- Coordinate with in-house or outsourced photographer for RTS owned /exclusive rights for photography to be used across all printed and digital communications.
- Coordinating with website developer, design graphic user interfaces of Customer Information Tools such as:
- Mobile Applications
- Trip Planner Kiosks/Applications
- Other Digital / Online Designs as requested
1372 East Main Street
Rochester, New York 14609