The County of Sacramento (County) is soliciting Statements of Qualifications (SOQ) from consultants to provide marketing and creative services for the Sacramento County Department of Airports (Department) under an Agreement for Advertising and Creative Consulting Services (Agreement).
The Department is operated by the County as an Airport Enterprise Fund, whose budget is adopted as part of the County’s annual budget. The Department is fiscally responsible for all aspects of the Airport System: Sacramento International Airport, Sacramento Executive Airport, Mather Airport, and Franklin Field. All airport expenses are borne by the Department, independent of the County’s General Fund, with revenues generated by the rates and charges established by and approved by the County. Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is a medium-hub air carrier airport serving primarily origin/destination (O&D) traffic. Serving a sixcounty primary region consisting of Sacramento, El Dorado, Placer, Yuba, Sutter and Yolo counties, SMF is a gateway to Northern California and an alternative to the San Francisco Bay Area airports. SMF currently has 11 major carriers that provide 156 daily departures to 37 nonstop destinations. SMF served 12 million passengers in 2018 and expects to serve 13 million passengers in 2019. Executive Airport is a general aviation reliever airport with no scheduled airline service. Mather Airport serves as an air cargo and general aviation facility. Franklin Field is a general aviation reliever airstrip used primarily for training.
The Department has contracted for advertising and creative consultant services for over 25 years. Contracting for such services is common in the competitive environment of the commercial airport industry to produce advertising and print materials as well as to augment the talent and abilities of in-house staff. The selected Consultant will assist Department staff with design and placement of print, radio and television advertising campaigns, materials, logos, brochures, newsletter layouts, press release and advisory distribution, press coordination, special event execution, design and production of collateral.
The Department benefits from strategic advertising and marketing campaigns as well as public relations support services that augment Department resources. Such efforts are vital to provide effective marketing communication to make SMF stand out among alternate airports in the highly competitive arena of aviation. The Consultant will provide the necessary services to help manage the image of the Department as a whole and competitively market the four airports in the system.
Scope of Work:
The specific scope of services will be developed with the successful respondent. The following represents a general description of the range of services anticipated:
- Work with Department staff to plan and administer advertising campaigns to include creative content development, artistic design and advertisement placement in print, radio and television for the Department. The Consultant will pay for advertising placement in media on behalf of County after the project costs have been approved by the Director.
- Work with Department staff to plan and administer advertising campaigns to include creative content development, artistic design and advertisement placement in print and radio specifically for the retail and food and beverage concessionaires at SMF. Consultant will pay for advertising placement in media on behalf of the concessionaires and the County after the project costs have been approved by the Director.
- Work with Department staff to execute advertising campaigns to include creative content development, artistic design and advertisement placement in print, radio and television for airlines as part of the Department’s air trade development incentive program in support of new/expanded air service initiatives.
- Assist Department staff with public relations strategies and tactics, including direct contact with the media on an as-needed basis.
- Assist the Department staff with special event production and execution as required.
- Conduct surveys and/or focus groups relative to the airport brand and customer service issues/satisfaction, analyze results and develop reports.
- Provide graphics and design services relative to logos, Web sites, brochures, posters and commercials as needed to support both the Department in general and special events.
- Other advertising and creative services consulting services as required.
- Assist department staff with social media management.
Scope of Services covered by monthly retainer fee
- Develop and maintain overall account plans and activities.
- Develop conference reports after meetings with the County, as required.
- Develop and submit plans to County, as required.
- Develop and submit reports and evaluations each month.
- Review industry media for stories and trends that impact the Department, the airports within the system and their issues.
- Review local and regional media for stories that impact the Department, the airports within the system and their issues.
- Provide informational analysis and hold regular strategy meetings with staff, as required.
- Attend other appropriate meetings as an observer or agency representative at the direction of the marketing manager.
- Routine phone calls and email correspondence, as required.
March 14th, 2019
Sacramento County Department of Airports
Attention: Claudia Kawaii
6900 Airport Boulevard
Sacramento, CA 95837-1109
5WPR and Coyne PR have strong travel PR capabilities.
Top Public Relations News:
PR News from Shift, Finn & W2o Health
PR Strategies: Starbucks vs. Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf vs. Caribou Coffee
Which PR Firms Lose Ground After Trump Victory?
Weber Shandwick, Global Public Relations Agency for Tokyo 2020
Equality at a Major Intersection
Chesapeake College Issues Website RFP
Google versus Facebook or…?
Ohlone Community College District Seeks Digital Agency
Orlando Utilities Commission Issues Marketing and Advertising Services RFP
Kristy Finch Wins Media Relations Professional of the Year Award